General warehouse position that will require basic material handling skills to include equipment. Must be able to follow directions, verbal and written.
Description of Essential Job Functions:
- Available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends due to varying freight volumes.
- Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand as needed.
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies (e.g. pallets, straps, rope).
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock.
- Safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
- Verify and complete required inbound and outbound documentation.
- Adhere to company safety policies.
- Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-pace and deadline oriented.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Prior dock/warehouse experience in the transportation industry is a plus.
- Prior forklift experience in a warehouse environment essential
- Prior experience loading and unloading trailers preferred.
- Highly motivated individual with attention to detail.
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
- Ability to bend, twist, squat, pushing/pulling freight throughout shift.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete required training.
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
Unisource Worldwide Inc. - 19 months ago