Position Title: Summer Intern - Real Estate Services
Location: San Diego, CA
Reports To: Area Director
Time Period: May 28 - August 16, 2013
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm, No OT
The Real Estate Services Intern will provide support to a fast paced, collaborative and results-driven Management team. Responsibilities focus on organizing projects for management and operations.
The San Diego Area team focuses primarily on a portfolio of approximately 1,000,000 + SF of office buildings managed according to Reit Management & Research's established procedures.
- Organize and tag building plans-complete inventory list
- File Drawer Clean Up
- Assist in Property Inspections
- Assist in planning Summer Tenant Retention Events
- Assist in Contract Management to include bid process and summarization
- Assist in answering phones, managing work orders and tenant follow up
- College juniors and seniors or graduate students; must be in good academic standing, with a minimum 3.0 GPA; relevant degree and experience a plus.
- Enthusiasm, professionalism, resourcefulness
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Founded in 1986, Reit Management & Research LLC (RMR) is a privately held asset management company that manages one of the largest portfolios of publicly owned real estate in the United States with approximately $22.0 billion of assets under management, including more than 1,700 properties located in the 46 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and Ontario, Canada. RMR has approximately 820 employees in its headquarters and regional offices located throughout the country. RMR manages CommonWealth REIT (NYSE: CWH), an office and industrial real estate investment trust, or REIT; Hospitality Properties Trust (NYSE: HPT), a hospitality REIT; Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE: SNH), a healthcare REIT; a government property focused REIT, Government Properties Income Trust (NYSE: GOV); and Select Income REIT (NYSE: SIR), a REIT that focuses on net leased, single tenant properties; and also provides management and administrative services to two publicly traded real estate based operating companies: Five Star Quality Care, Inc (NYSE Amex: FVE) and TravelCenters of America LLC (NYSE Amex: TA). An affiliate of RMR, Sonesta International Hotels Corporation, is one of HPT's hotel managers; and another affiliate of RMR, RMR Advisors, Inc. is the investment manager of a publicly owned mutual fund, which principally invests in securities of unaffiliated real estate companies.
Reit Management & Research - 15 months ago