Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the installation, operation and maintenance of Company gas/liquid pipelines, appurtenances, terminals, compressor stations, pump stations, process plants and other related facilities.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of pipelines, compressors and auxiliary equipment, engines, turbines, motors cooling equipment, pump stations, pumps, dehydration equipment, process equipment, valves, seals and other related equipment.
- Start, stop and operate engines/pumps within defined operating parameters.
- Ensure the cost effective and efficient performance of all engines, pumps and associated equipment at compressor stations, pump stations, terminals, pipelines, and process plants.
- Diagnose and repair engines, turbines, pumps, seals, valves and instruments.
- Install, repair, service and maintain valves, pipe, pipeline appurtenances, corrosion control protection systems, measurement equipment and storage well equipment.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment, including pipeline right-of-way, and gathering or storage areas, including but not limited to excavating, repairing, coating and backfilling pipelines, concrete work, painting, building erection, weed control, etc.
- Maintain, adjust, make minor repairs, and operate equipment (e.g., industrial wheeled tractors, water pumps, air compressors, expanders, coolers, test equipment, vehicles, etc.)
- Represent the Company during contacts with landowner/tenants, public officials/emergency officials and at local meetings. (One Call, Pipeline Groups, Soil Conservation, USFS, etc.)
- Oversee construction and/or maintenance activities performed by third parties.
- Train and oversee company and third party personnel as required (e.g., personnel in progression, transport drivers, contractors, visitors)
- Perform governmental compliance activities (PHMSA, State Agencies, EPA, USFS, etc.)
- Perform minor electrical maintenance.
- I.D., report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Actively participate in safety programs and initiatives.
- Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
- Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, regulatory, and Company tariff requirements.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience / specific knowledge:
- High School Diploma or GED
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
- Must respond to, and address, callouts and emergencies after regular business hours including after dark hours, which may require carrying a communication device.
- Knowledge of compressor, pump stations, gas treatment, storage facilities, process plant, gather transmission, pipeline system operations.
- Knowledge reading and interpreting blueprints, P&IDs and other diagrams
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling prctices of flammable gases, liquid, and high/low pressure systems
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Possess a valid driver's license and meet company insurability requirements
- May be required to possess a commercial driver’s license, drive a company commercial vehicle and comply with all commercial vehicle regulations
- May be required to achieve and maintain certifications as required to perform job duties
- Achieve and maintain all OQ qualifications and progression requirements applicable to the job classification.
- Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, various operating systems, and other company software)
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focus
- Available for shift work when applicable
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
- Ability to speak and understand English.
- Ability to work with others, take direction from supervisor(s), focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
Job level commensurate with experience and skill set.
- May work in low-lit areas
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Must be able to frequently enter confined spaces, clime to and work from elevated platforms, ladders, and walkways, etc.
- Depending upon the location and workload, travel will be required
- Be available for shift work when applicable
Kinder Morgan is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status. EOE/M/F/D/V
Kinder Morgan - 18 months ago
This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the limited...