MCC is looking for a Project Manager for our Metal Construction Company. Applicants must have a minimum of 15 years experience in HVAC metal construction.
- Responsible for managing the installation of Sheet Metal duct that meet code requirements, budget, and on time installation
- Evaluate estimate and set up job costing system with labor, material and subcontract cost codes.
- Conduct monthly reports and cost reviews to catch deviations from a plan or schedule early and keep all participants and stakeholders informed in order to bring the job in on time and under budget.
- Build and maintain strong customer relations with general contractor, sub contractors, vendors, and internal customers.
- Evaluate and develop field personnel including workers, foreman, and superintendent.
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment through maintaining safety meetings, incident investigations, and employee involvement.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Computer skills: email, Excel, MS Word, Any construction management software
- Financial budget experience
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management including owners, generals, and all other trades
- Understanding of billing, schedule of values, sheet metal estimating set-up
- KNOWS Sheet Metal SMACNA construction standards
- Experience in managing crews 10+ or more in size
- Managed Sheet Metal projects at the $2M range or more
- Maintain a SENSE OF URGENCY throughout the length of the project
- Ability to read and understand all construction documents: architectual, structural, mechanical
Educational and experience requirements include: Minimum of 15 years construction management and/or craft supervision experience. Must be able to represent MCC interests thoroughly when dealing with the installation, subcontractors, owner representative’s, code enforcement, other MCC groups, and managers. Excellent organization, communication, and supervisory skills mixed with “common sense” and social skills that provides for positive results through people. Informed and committed to safety.