Come join Intel's premier research group!
Silicon photonics is a research effort at Intel to revolutionize computing platforms by creating optical communication devices using traditional silicon manufacturing techniques. Bringing optical technology into the computing industry will transform the way computers work and the value that they provide to people.
As a Senior Optical Researcher, you will be responsible for the design and characterization of silicon-based photonic devices for low cost and energy efficient optical interconnects. You will own design of experiments and collaborate with fabrication engineers across different geographical locations to fabricate these devices in a CMOS-compatible manufacturing process.
The ideal candidate should possess the following behavioral traits:
- Creative and have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and have strong desire to succeed in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Able to drive complex projects to success
- Able to work independently and in an interdisciplianary team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time managment skills
Candidates must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous job experiences.
- Must have a MS or PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Optical Science or related fields
- 5 years of experience with optical communications, fiber optics, integrated optics, WDM technology, and semiconductor physics as related to photonics devices
- 5 years of experience in design, simulation, and characterization of photonic devices for optical communications
- 3 years of experience in planar photonic device or silicon photonics device design and simulation
- 5 years of experience in designing and testing integrated planar photonic devices such as grating couplers, mode converters, distributed Bragg reflectors, ring resonators, Mach-Zehnder interferometers, and multi-mode interference devices
- 5 years of experience in designing and testing micro-optics for chip to fiber coupling
- 3 years of experience in automation of data acquisition and analysis
- 3 years of experience in semiconductor device fabrication and integration
USA-California, Santa Clara
Jan 18, 2013
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...