The Staff Accountant is responsible for performing general accounting duties, which includes, analyzing, researching, and preparing financial information and reports to meet specific daily and monthly deadlines. This individual is also responsible for maintaining accurate fixed asset accounts, liability accounts, and expense accounts.
- Completes general accounting functions including research, report/spreadsheet preparation, and analysis.
- Provides project budget assistance by measuring budget changes, costs, and committed values to ensure actual spend and committed amounts are aligned.
- Prepares and analyzes accounting data by processing and interpreting accounts such as general ledgers and subledgers.
- Completes closing tasks, such as maintaining loan accounts, telephone accruals, legal allocations, insurance allocations, and regional allocations.
- Prepares financial book schedules.
- Sets-up Construction Cost Centers with accounts and budgets, reviews proposed additions to budgets, and sets-up contracts in JDE.
- Reviews and approves Construction Pay Applications.
- Prepares Open Project reports to determine if projects are still open/active.
- Completes various month-end duties including calculation and preparation of journal entries
and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries and reports.
- Carries out ad hoc reports/assignments as needed.
- Ensures all financial schedules and deadlines are met.
- Provides exemplary customer service to internal departments; including but not limited to Legal, Real Estate, and Taxes.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University with degree in accounting
- 1-2 years accounting experience preferred
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of US GAAP preferred
- Advanced experience using MS Office Suite, particularly Excel
- JDE software experience preferred
- Strong detail orientation required
A group of talented professionals working in our Store Support Centers in Atlanta, Georgia, Orlando, Florida and Dallas, Texas, help make it possible for the RaceTrac front line to do their best! It's a team effort to give great service to RaceTrac's valuable customers. Please note RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc. will not initiate credit or background checks prior to an offer. All offers for employment are contingent upon favorable background check results.
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, RaceTrac is a third-generation, family-owned company that is comprised of three operating divisions: RaceTrac,...