The purpose of the Intake Social Worker position is to provide intake and assessment, refer families and the public to the appropriate community based services and conduct investigations as warranted to ensure the immediate safety of children and adults.
Examples of Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
These examples of typical duties do not include all possible tasks for this classification and do not limit the assignment of related tasks. Regular attendance according to the department's approved work schedule is required for all Sherburne positions.
Vulnerable Adult Responsibilities
· Screen and assess phone calls from the community, reporting alleged incidents of vulnerable adult sexual, physical and/or emotional abuse or neglect. Decide if they are in immediate danger, and if so, begin intervention process.
· Interview vulnerable adults and family members and others to determine the need for protective services.
· Establish goals and objectives to insure immediate safety of clients.
· Discuss with unit supervisor the need for Court involvement.
· Provide Adult Protection Case Management.
· Develop Service Plans
Initial intake screening, assessment and arrangement for Health & Human Services
· Accept referrals.
· Interview walk-ins or call-in requests for services.
· Complete necessary paperwork.
· Receive and respond to CP and VA maltreatment reports
· Meet with family members and collateral contacts to gather data.
· Establish goals and objectives to insure immediate safety of children and adults.
· Pursue court action with assistance from the County Attorney’s Office when necessary.
· Complete necessary documentation to comply with State, Federal, and local policy.
BA/BS in Social Work or closely related field PLUS 1-3 years of Social Work experience or equivalent education plus work experience.
Must have a valid MN driver's license and reliable vehicle.
Sherburne County, MN - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard