Sr. Threat Researcher (IPS) is responsible for the up-to-date network security issues and software vulnerabilities evaluation and research as well as to provide oversight and successful execution of information security processes and projects. Individual will be a member of Dell SonicWALL vulnerability research team.
A qualified researcher needs to understand most of the network and software security issues and their mechanisms. Broad knowledge in networking protocols, operating systems, development languages and databases are needed. The following skills are listed as a reference:
· Network infrastructure, protocols and tools such as TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP, Wireshark, TCPDump etc.
· Linux/Unix knowledge, such as Ubuntu, Fedora.
· Programming languages such as C/C++, Perl, Python, PHP, ASP, Bash etc.
· Database skills such as MSSQL, MySQL and Postgres.
· Network Vulnerabilities such as Buffer Overflow, SQL Injection.
· Reverse engineering skills and tools, such as OllyDBG, IDAPro.
· Experience as a member of IPS research team for network security product is a plus
· B.S. or M.S. (preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent, or equivalent experience
· Knowledge of basic principles, methods, technologies and practices of a professional/technical field.
· Apply a basic understanding of the underlying principles of a professional discipline -typically obtained through formal study.
· General knowledge of procedures and activities within own work area.
· Ability to relate actual day-to-day work to business priorities.
· Focused on learning the key aspects and duties of the job being performed
· Basic knowledge of programming languages; operating systems; firmware; BIOS; device drivers; databases; system, network, operating system, and application administration; embedded software/firmware; tools and utilities, as applicable.
· Able to code/debug simple programs using either written or verbal design specifications.
· Experience with multiple programming languages, databases, operating systems, tools and hardware platforms. Able to achieve mastery of new tools, languages and operating systems with some training and on-the-job experience.
· Familiarity with several Software Lifecycle and Quality Assurance methodologies. Able to define and document how a specific Software Lifecycle and Quality Assurance method will be used for specific projects.
· Able to participate and add value in all phases of software development: feasibility, design, implementation, integration, test and delivery.
· Undergraduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 2-4 years relevant experience.
· 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Why work for Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
What we look for:
- Integrity and Trust – Team members who ‘do the right thing’ and have courage to speak up
- Intellectual Capacity – openness to learning, understanding and solving problems
- Drive For Results – Team members with a ‘can do’ spirit
-Adaptable – Team members who respond and adjust
-Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world's largest IT solutions providers
-Dynamic, challenging, international work environment
-Exciting internal career opportunities
-Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
-An individual professional development plan
-Formal and informal training
About Dell Inc.:
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering time, technology, and the know-how to make the world a better place?
With a company committed to creating a diverse workforce and creating a positive, collaborative environment where everyone is valued and included?
At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...