Primary Objective: Produce communication projects, reviewing the input from internal resources (engineers, managers, executives), determine time needed to complete the project, apply the proper application tools to produce the project, communicate project status, coordinate with vendors, review quality of end result.
1. Using working knowledge of basic layout and graphic design concepts, apply them using the desktop publishing software (e.g. InDesign, Ilustrator, Photoshop, Premier) to create electronic files. Use basic knowledge of printing and electronic pre-press concepts. Write specifications for bidding print jobs and prepare files for printer.
2. Apply company standards to publishing materials such as the standard template for in-product literature, proper use of trademarks and copyrights, product logo, etc.
3. Enter communications project data into communications production schedule. Adhere to project development guidelines. Upload finished files to an online library. Assure original job mark-up, proofs and final copies are filed properly.
4. Update product deliverables as affected by changes or additions. Follow communications process to monitor and improve purchase order discrepancies, delivery errors, etc.
5. Capture and edit video communications to manipulate short 1-5 minute product assembly videos. Assist in the production of video, photography, and mobile communications.
Broad Knowledge & Experience: Broad knowledge and experience in designing, developing, and producing art layouts for company materials. Maintain the brand identity while utilizing new design styles and media types (web, mobile, & print) to attract the target customer and promote the brand.
Above Average Skills: Strong writing and grammar skills. Handle multiple tasks.
Demonstrated Ability: Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively within a team. Ability to meet deadlines and budgets. Ability to present design portfolio of works created.
General Knowledge: Reliable and responsive work ethic.
Education & Experience
BA Graphic Design
Two + years experience
Specialized Training: Skilled in the use of design software including Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, or Apple equivalents. HTML programming skills a plus. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
Full Time, Flexible hours
Compensation commensurate with experience and education
Great work environment in an entreprenurial business culture.