FEDERAL SALES ENGINEER
SUSE, an Attachmate Group company
Washington, DC, Metro Area
SUSE's Sales Engineering organization is seeking a Sales Engineer (SE) to support the sale of SUSE Linux Enterprise, Management and Cloud solutions. The Sales Engineering team is responsible for architecting solutions, presenting compelling recommendations, and convincing prospective customers to leverage industry-leading Open Source solutions in the federal government space. As our ideal candidate, you are a top technical expert with strong business acumen who can present to executive lT leadership with a compelling business case to invest in SUSE based solutions as well as an strong understanding of government. Our Sales Engineers are seen by our customers as seasoned, technical experts of our technology. You will collaborate with the sales team and technical delivery teams to bring our customers the best solutions from across the SUSE Product Lines including SUSE Enterprise Linux Server (all architectures), Virtualization and Cloud Computing, Integrated Systems and more.
- Provides pre-sale technical marketing support for our customers and partners in the federal government arena
- Answers technical portions of RFP/RFIs
- Conducts live demonstrations of SUSE products
- Educates prospects on the capabilities of SUSE software products
- Identifies the appropriate technologies to solve client problems
- Forms relationships with clients technical staff to identify new opportunities Represents SUSE to the customer and the customer to the SUSE Business Unit in sales-related matters
- Works with the sales team throughout all stages of the sales process
- Works to create successful customer relationships, that can become references for future sales opportunities
- Pre sales / sales-engineering experience a plus but not required
- Effective Technical Communication (ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences)
- Extensive experience in federal government sales or operations
- Good presentation skills (to small and large groups of mixed audiences: business, technical, management)
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture (UNIX, RDBMS, Clustering, Storage, Systems Management Virtualization/Cloud, etc.)
- Ability to identify business needs and issues, and effectively map SUSE solutions
- Experience in the Linux space, ideally with SUSE, but other distributions are fine
- Self directed, must be able to prioritize efforts to meet the business goals.
- Team oriented, must work well with others and make contributions to the team's success.
- Fluency in English and willingness to travel
- Bachelors degree
With more than 340 employees, SuSE Linux AG is one of the world's largest Linux specialists. Thanks to its stability and quality, SuSE Linux...