The following opportunity is located at our Corporate Headquarters on peachtree Dunwoody Road in Sandy Springs, GA.
A Sr. Linux System Engineer provides support and daily administration of Manheim’s Linux based operating systems. This individual is responsible for the operational management of all Linux based production, staging, and development systems in North America. Responsibilities also involve implementing network hardware and software; monitoring of devices; supporting operational issues; project implementation; providing training and assistance to users and coworkers. The Sr. System Engineer will interface with other engineers across various areas to resolve issues and to share technical and customer information.
- System installation and maintenance of Solaris, UNIX and Linux systems.
- Sun Solaris, Linux (SUSE and Redhat), and general UNIX administration.
- Responsible for configuration, maintenance and support of Apache and Tomcat servers.
- Creating, configuring, and tuning java application servers and web servers for development, staging, and production environments.
- Install, configure, and manage industry leading load balancers including advanced load balancing and load management concepts.
- Administration of DNS, SMTP, FTP, SSH, LDAP, and NFS services.
- Knowledge of Data Center architecture design and management.
- SAN/NAS storage systems experience.
- Project planning, execution, and management.
- Manage systems to achieve 24x7 availability.
- Interface with various internal and external business units to ensure the initiatives of the internet technology group will support the success of the business and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge and ability to write scripts for configuration and automation (bash, ksh, perl, python)
- Disk volume manager administration.
- Responsible for troubleshooting various server hardware issues including memory upgrades, hard drive replacement, raid controller replacement
- Responsible for content updates and deploying war files into staging and production environments
- Knowledge and administration of industry leading virtualization software.
- Mentors other Unix and Internet Services Engineers.
- Participates in an on call rotation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Hands on experience supporting networks and server infrastructure.
- 5+ years’ experience in technology infrastructure groups.
- 8+ years in managing Linux systems.
- 5+ years’ experience working in large scale, enterprise environments.
- Excellent problem solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Managing F5 BigIP systems
- Linux and Windows Systems administration, Certificates: MCSE, RHCE
- Experience with tools including Hyperic, Puppet, RedHat Satellite,VMware a plus.
Our company values the health and financial well-being of its employees and provides a variety of health care programs, which includes medical, dental, vision, employee and dependent life insurance, long-term disability and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for health care and dependent care expenses. The Company believes financial security in retirement is important and offers a 401(k) Savings Plus Plan as well as company-funded Pension Plan.
Manheim was established in 1945 as a wholesale vehicle auction operation with thousands of employees in 122 operating locations around the globe, Manheim is the world's largest provider of vehicle remarketing services. In 2010, Manheim handled nearly 10 million used vehicles, facilitating transactions representing more than $50 billion in value.
A subsidiary of Atlanta-based Cox Enterprises, Manheim is transforming the wholesale vehicle buying and selling experience through investments in technology and innovative products and services. Manheim markets Manheim Financial Services (MAFS), OVE.com, Total Resource Auctions, Manheim Frontline, Manheim Specialty and Heavy Truck & Equipment, Manheim Consulting and other respected brands to the remarketing industry in 15 countries, including Australia, Turkey and the United Kingdom.
Manheim has set the industry standard for buying and selling used vehicles at live auctions and online. Manheim brings together qualified sellers and volume buyers of used vehicles that include automotive dealerships, banks, car rental agencies, car manufacturers and government agencies. Manheim offers its customers a reliable and secure market in which to purchase a variety of vehicles and services that no other remarketing provider can match.
Follow us on the following Social Media websites:
Diversity statement and application instructions
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/manheim
- You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManheimJB
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Manheim
Manheim is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Manheim is a drug-free workplace and requires a background check and drug test prior to employment. Please submit your resume to: http://www.coxenterprises.com/coxcareer/
Please submit resume before:
Cox Enterprises - 10 months ago