Location : Dallas, TX
Duration : 4 months
- Primary responsibility will be to build & deploy SUN Solaris 10/11 servers, build & handover server. Sound knowledge Solaris 9,10 & 11 Operating system. Five+ years experience working with Solaris 10 and Solaris 11 Provision Solaris physical and virtual through automated mechanisms.
- Ability to provision systems with manual mechanisms will also be required on occasion. Solaris Jumpstart installation, SMF management and troubleshooting in Solaris 10 Creating/extending file systems in ZFS. Setting quotas/reservation parameters in ZFS. Knowledge in zones/containers is a must.
- Able to handle most of basic to advanced calls in User, group management. Understanding of clustering concepts.
- Must have very good knowledge on VxVM (VERITAS Volume Manager) & VCS (VERITAS Cluster Server)
- Knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, NFS, FTP,DNS,NIS .etc)
- Should have basic understanding of any storage technologies and have experience on System setup & customization, OS installation & configuration, Patch installation, system monitoring & Capacity planning.
- Perform OS and hardware level troubleshooting. Good process knowledge in call login, tracking, closure procedures. Should be able to perform System administration tasks & handle Incidents/Changes & meet required SLAs Work with application teams to understand application requirements and translate into design documentation.
- Understand server workload management to know when systems have capacity for additional workload. Ability to work in a heavily regulated work environment and follow appropriate SOX and FDA rules and regulations.
- Create and capture appropriate information for design, build and test documentation. Ability to execute build and test documents. Knowledge of other operating system like RedHat Linux 5.X, AIX /HP is highly preferred Oracle RAC configuration, Oracle Ops Center preferred
- SUN Solaris 10/11 certification is an advantage General accountability Should be aware of the ITIL process. Good Communication Skills in spoken and written English.
- Experience and ability to handle International clients (U.S) is a must.. Should have good communication skills, team working skills.