Technology Consultant III/UNIX ADMIN
Provide deep level proactive and reactive support.
· Define, design, consult, and lead the technical components/solutions for UNIX server support including interfacing with other domains/services.
· Perform problem management which includes identifying and documenting the root cause of problems and suggesting corrective actions that will eliminate the root cause. Resolve complicated problems related to UNIX server technology.
· Perform release to production for the release of new components, service functions, new products/technology, infrastructure server integration or end-to-end service to make sure that the implemented production copy fulfills business requirements according to specifications.
· Manage enterprise level projects involving upgrades, patches, etc. of UNIX servers.
· Hardware knowledge of and experience in managing HP and IBM AIX Servers.
· Experience in working with SAN and NAS, enterprise replication, storage and backup/recovery solutions.
· Working experience in AIX clusters.
· Networking experience - ability to collaborate with networking team.
· Network load balancing experience.
· Experience in system and network monitoring tools, e.g. Openview.
· Good understanding of server hardware, storage hardware, network hardware and able to correctly size hardware (e.g. cpu, memory, disk, network, etc.) for new server installations and also upgrades.
· Good understanding of and working experience in capacity planning and management, proactively provide recommendations (including, but not limited to, hardware and software upgrades) in order to achieve required service levels in terms of scalability, reliability, availability, performance, security, business continuity, etc.
Good understanding of and working experience in troubleshooting performance problems on any server (which may be due to application problems), able to identify server resources experiencing bottlenecks
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
5 to 7 years working experience in managing Complex, mission critical, enterprise level UNIX environment with HPUX, AIX, SUSE and RedHat.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Maintain high level of technical competency in relevant technologies in the team.
· Develop and maintain strong process orientation in the team.
· IT project management experience.
· ITSM/ITIL knowledge.
· Ability to perform technical tasks with little or no supervision, follow documented procedures and processes, and also develop procedures and processes for the team when necessary.
· Ability to proactively provide assistance to CC and TS engineers, resolve problems and issues escalated by CC and TS engineers.
· Ability to perform technical tasks in a systematic and logical manner, document all activities performed in work log, maintain and keep up to date all relevant documentation.
· Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems in a systematic and logical manner, and maintain good communications with all relevant parties throughout troubleshooting process.
· Ability to develop troubleshooting guides and other documentation for ongoing operations support.
· Ability to develop deploys, maintain tools, scripts, etc. for ongoing operations support, and maintain standard documentation and tools repositories for the team.
· Ability to identify support documentation, knowledge databases, technical communities, forums, mailing lists and other information resources for team.
· Ability to provide assistance for security & compliance audits and be familiar with requirements of SOX, HIPAA, and PCI environments
· Understanding of data center operations across geographically diverse locations and operational moves between data centers
· Maintain contacts with professionals in other organizations throughout the company and participate in cross-organizational initiatives and projects when necessary.
· Ability to manage and continually improve upon the team's processes (e.g. incident management, operations management, change management, release to production, configuration management, problem management, capacity management, security management, etc.) and tools (e.g. locally developed, third-party, etc.).
· Ability to monitor quality of service delivery of team, develop reports, etc.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize assigned tasks, problems and requests.
· Ability to communicate clearly and in a timely manner with all customers, partners and users, internal and external.
· Ability to collaborate and cooperate with other members of team, and members of other teams.
· Ability to identify problems and issues (technical, process, people, etc.) encountered and highlight to team leads and managers.
· Ability to understand a customer's complex organizational structure and support processes, with multiple regions, countries, sites, contact points, processes, people, cultures, etc.
· Ability to proactively learn new technologies, processes and other skills, able to proactively search for solutions from knowledge bases, support documentation, and other information resources. Keen interest in continual learning and professional development.
· Understanding of 24x7 mission critical enterprise computing environments and the impact of service disruption on a company's bottom line.
· Service oriented and customer focused, able to go the extra mile to achieve customer satisfaction.
· Excellent communication skills, excellent written and spoken English skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work in a team, able to work independently if necessary.
· Ability to work in a high pressure environment
Ability to be on-call 24x7.
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is a multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA. HP got...