Recruitment Number 12-092LK , Judicial Clerk III, SR-14, Kamuela, Hawai'i.
NOTE: This recruitment will be used to fill vacancies in Kamuela only.
Summary of Duties:
Performs a variety of court clerical work in the preparation, processing, and maintenance of court records for a division within the Circuit, District, Family, Land/Tax Appeal or Appellate Courts; and performs other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Specialized Experience: Three (3) years of responsible work experience in a court or legal setting. Such experience must have included the preparation and/or processing of legal forms and documents.
In the "Work Experience" section of the application, be sure to describe your duties and responsibilities in detail for each employer in which your work experience involved preparing and/or processing legal forms and documents.
General Experience: Two (2) years of progressively responsible general clerical work experience which involved the operation of a typewriter in the performance of a variety of tasks which demonstrated knowledge of office practices and procedures, grammar, word usage and spelling, and use of standard office machines.
Education Requirement: Graduation from high school. Excess experience of the type and quality described below or work experience requiring the ability to read and comprehend and apply written directions or a high degree of verbal skill may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
Skill Requirement: Type at a rate of 40 net words per minute.
The applicant's proficiency may be evaluated by the appointing authority. Failure to meet the proficiency requirements may result in suspension of the applicant's eligibility. Judiciary Human Resources reserves the right to test an applicant when there is evidence that the applicant does not meet the proficiency requirements for the class for which the applicant applied.
Qualification for Firearms : For certain positions, applicants must be qualified to possess firearm or ammunition in accordance with state and federal laws, e.g., no misdemeanor or felony domestic violence conviction.
Substitution of Education for General Experience:
1. Successful completion of a one-year clerical or business curriculum leading to a diploma, certificate or other comparable degree from a business or technical school, community college or other comparable institution above the high school level may be substituted for one (1) year of General Experience .
2. Successful completion of a two-year clerical or business curriculum leading to a diploma, certificate or other comparable degree from a business or technical school, community college or other comparable institution above the high school level may be substituted for two (2) years of the General Experience .
3. Study at an accredited college or university in a baccalaureate program may be substituted on the basis of one (1) academic year of study for one (1) year of General Experience up to a maximum of two (2) years.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience :
1. Completion of a legal stenographer or legal secretary curriculum in a school above the high school level may be substituted for one (1) year of Specialized Experience .
2. Study at an accredited university or college in a para-legal program may be substituted for one (1) year of Specialized Experience .
The following information must be submitted by mail or hand-delivered to: Hawai'i State Judiciary, Department of Human Resources, 426 Queen Street, First Floor, Honolulu, Hawai'i 96813.
Education : If substituting education for experience, applicants must submit a legible copy of the appropriate training (e.g., official transcript or certificate) in order to be given credit for education. Transcripts obtained from and/or submitted through the internet will not be accepted.
Hawaii State Judiciary - 2 years ago