POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Ideal candidate has experience in developing and cultivating new business opportunities, implementing sales strategies, managing client relationships and preparing technical proposals for construction, special project and preventative maintenance contract agreement opportunities with customers that we do not have strong ties with currently.
PRIMARY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Meets with prospective customers in order to generate and close sales in both project and service areas.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales goals and profit objectives through personal sales efforts.
- Develop sales leads through personal contacts, professional organization participation, observations of sites and in-house leads. Target and contact key decision makers and develop positive relationships to secure the sale.
- Prepare and define scope of work, conceptual design, estimates and technical proposal generation for service special projects.
- Maintain and foster a strong team mentorship role throughout all phases of the sale and construction life cycle.
- Maintain contact and positive communication with internal and external customers throughout the project. Coordinate activities regularly with project management staff, engineering, and sales personnel to ensure customer satisfaction and project success.
- Visit job sites and coordinate sales efforts with other company sales activities.
- Actively promote the before, during and after construction capabilities of Southland Industries
- Creates and maintains positive client relationship. Resolve customer disputes.
- Internal communication and bid coordination.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the mechanical construction industry, specifically HVAC, Piping, Plumbing and Fire Protection.
- Strong people skills which allows a person to build a favorable rapport quickly with others. Must be able to think outside of the box to present scenarios, which will differentiate Southland Industries from its competitors. Ability to overcome objections or negatives. Must be a closer.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.