The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a full-time Medical Transcription II.
Work days/work hours: M-F (1p.m. to 9:30p.m.)
Currently, we seek a Medical Transcriptionist II. Position Summary The incumbent is responsible for the accurate and timely transcription of gross and microscopic surgical reports, non-gyn cytology, cytogenetics, autopsy, and nuclear medicine scan reports; in addition, will compose routine correspondence; interpret, translate, and edit medical dictations according to established departmental procedures. This individual will comply with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Transcribe gross description and microscopic diagnosis and other clinical information into LIS
2. Make corrections/edits to reports, as per Pathologist instructions
3. Hematopathology transcription, as applicable
4. Provide verbally, STAT and malignant results to clients, as applicable
5. Obtain patient clinical history, as applicable
6. May participate in training of new staff members
7. Prepare outside consultation cases for send-out to client, as applicable
8. Maintain Send-out/Consultation log, as applicable
9. Enter amended results and document client notification
10. May select pathologist QC cases (PASR)
11. May select transcription QC cases
12. May generate and monitor pending lists
13. May assign CPT codes, once required training is completed and documented
14. Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct problem or immediately notify general supervisor, technical supervisor or director
15. Understand and follow all applicable standard operating procedures for job-related responsibilities, to include Pathologist Electronic Signature Guidelines SOP
16. All other duties as assigned Physical Demands:
None Minimal Qualifications
1. High School Education or GED
2. Knowledge of Medical Terminology
3. Strong Data Entry skills
4. Good clerical, organizational, phone and communication skills
5. 3 or more years transcription experience
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Quest Diagnostics - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
Quest Diagnostics is testing its ability to be the world's leading clinical lab. The company performs diagnostics on some 146 million...