Innovim is seeking a Programmer to support the work on the GEONS Ground System Software at the NASA Wallops Island facility. The position will provide full life-cycle software support.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Meet with Project team to define the attributes for the products' parameters and develop an HDF5 template for the products.
• Generate and test code to fill in the HDF5 template.
• Generate and test code to transform raw lidar altimetry data into science products.
EXPECTED SKILL, KNOWLEDGE AND / OR EQUIPMENT DEVELOPMENT:
• Knowledge of software development methodologies
• Knowledge of systems engineering
• Knowledge of physics and Calculus
• Knowledge of linear algebra, and statistics
• As a minimum, a bachelor degree in computer science, physical science, engineering, or mathematics plus 1-2 years of experience or 3 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to communicate effectively with individuals in both verbal and written forms. Experience with writing quality reports are also essential.
• Software development experience in MacOSX and/or LINUX environments.
• Programming skills using IDL, FORTRAN, and HDF5 development.
U.S. citizenship is preferred
All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening
Innovim is a privately held, woman-owned small business committed to delivering targeted and high-return data-centric technology solutions...