XR Trading is a proprietary market-making firm located in Chicago's financial district. XR provides liquidity in a wide range of financial instruments and asset classes. We add value to the markets in which we participate by integrating technology with trading effectively and employing a quantitative approach to automated market-making.
XR Trading, a growing Chicago based proprietary trading firm, is seeking to add a Network/Systems technician to an existing IT team to assist, maintain and progressively improve the existing infrastructure of a professional electronic trading environment.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual that can work efficiently with a technical team in a highly demanding environment. The candidate will be someone who can troubleshoot technology-related problems that might include hardware and software issues, equipment failure and TCP/IP connectivity. Duties may include installation of new software, deployment of new hardware, training of users, troubleshooting hardware/software, troubleshooting networking equipment, wiring, maintaining procedure documents and inventory/asset management. The candidate must have outstanding communication and prioritization skills and be able to effectively take direction from management.
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot PC hardware and software.
- Create and maintain technical/process documentation and proactively share this information with team members
- Actively seek out and participate in projects to maintain and improve the systems/network environment
- Create and maintain standard PC images for multiple workstation models
- Process, monitor and prioritize trouble tickets
- Troubleshoot basic TCP/IP and multicast issues
- Assist in managing and maintaining technology inventory
- Assist with hardware and software purchases
- Train new employees/existing staff as directed
- Perform network backups and restores
- Install and monitor antivirus software
- Provide basic support on network hardware
- On-call for overnights, weekends and holidays on a rotational basis with openness to change
- Support other key initiatives as the business dictates
? Bachelors Degree from a 4-year university
? Computer Science, Information Science or related technical field
? Strong GPA (3.5 or higher)
- Proficient in installing and supporting current versions of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Proficient in installing and supporting all Microsoft end user applications; familiar with other common business and productivity software
- Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Manage high-pressure situations professionally, calmly and with urgency
- Ability to work independently and provide progress reports
- Solid work ethic, initiative and great customer service skills
- Strong analytical skills to troubleshoot technical computer and network problems with own knowledge, through documentation; know when to escalate to next level support
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to lift 90 lbs
Extensive Experience Required:
- 1 – 3 years of experience in network or system administration
- Strong interest in the latest technology and trends
- Windows Server 2008/Active Directory exposure and experience remotely managing servers and desktops
- Experience creating and maintaining active directory accounts
- Knowledge of security technologies such as SSL, VPN and firewall
- Knowledge of network TCP/IP protocol (understand the difference between TCP and UDP)
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match our current needs will be considered applicants and receive responses.
- Experience with Linux/Unix (Redhat, Fedora, Ubuntu, HPUX/AIX)
- Active or near completion of MCSE, CCNA, or similar IT certification
- Programming experience in VB, VBA, .Net, C# and/or Access
- Experience with Cisco routers/switches
Transcripts may be requested for candidates who receive further consideration. It is strongly recommended to list your GPA when submitting your resume.
Please apply directly at:
Monster - 23 months ago
We are a Chicago based electronic and proprietary trading firm participating in the global financial markets. Our management philosophy...