SUMMARY: Managerial and administrative dispatching and scheduling employee in charge of day-to-day oversight of Company resources to meet customer needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (i nclude the following; other duties may be assigned):
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. A minimum of two years related experience and/or training is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Schedules work or service calls and dispatches crew after analysis of driver/equipment capacity.
- Dispatches, orders, and relays messages and special instructions to mobile crews and other departments, including directions, to ensure customer satisfaction and to meet customer requirements.
- Ensures compliance with all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements, including driver logs and Hours of Service requirements.
- Analyzes and reviews vehicle inspection reports (VIR's) and coordinates shop maintenance and other necessary vendor service for vehicles.
- Develops and maintains daily operations schedule.
- Oversees and directs driver job responsibilities and job performance, with, among other things, authority to discipline drivers, to provide recommendations for driver merit performance increases, to approve and force driver overtime in accordance with scheduling and customer needs, to assign part-time employees as driver helpers, and to ensure driver adherence to hazmat, rigger, forklift operation, commercial drivers' licensing, and other requisite job requirements.
- Oversees and directs job responsibilities and job performance of warehouse employees, with, among other things, authority to schedule employees, to discipline warehouse employees, to provide recommendations for merit performance increases of warehouse employees, to approve and force overtime in accordance with scheduling and customer needs, to ensure warehouse employee adherence to hazmat, rigger, forklift operation, and other requirements of the job, and to exercise overall supervisory authority over the entire warehouse operation in the absence of the warehouse manager/supervisor.
- Ensures best-in-class service to our customers; communicates with customers as necessary on all relevant issues.
- Ensures appropriate building security, with responsibility for opening and closing building.
- Required to regularly work in the evening and on weekends.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned within the scope of the job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.
The Kane Company - 10 months ago