Meijer is a leading Supercenter located in five states throughout the Midwest, with nearly 200 stores and almost 60,000 employees. As a multi-billion dollar retailer, Meijer is ranked as the 15th largest privately held company in the country. We have become a respected leader in the competitive retail market by sticking to our core values of customers, competition, family, freshness, and safety & health. Meijer's Midwest geography includes corporate offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and stores, distribution centers, and manufacturing facilities throughout Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, and Kentucky.
Currently, Meijer is looking for an Journeyman Meat Cutter. The individual selected for this position will be responsible for assisting in the daily cutting of fresh beef, pork, and grind. The individual will also follow the production schedule to meet requirements for advertised fresh meat cuts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the writing of fresh meat orders
- Organizing and checking in fresh meat deliveries
- Maintaining a positive working relationship with customers, team members and leadership
Thank you for your interest in this position. There may not be current openings for this position at this time. By submitting an application to this position, you are expressing interest should an opening become available in the future. Our recruiters routinely review available applications as openings become available.
- Familiarity with weights and measure processes specific to meat processing
- Ability to understand and follow specific safety and sanitation procedures
- Experience in product presentation and packaging
- Experience using Computer Assisted Ordering applications
- Current handjack/hilo license
- Experience with inventory control procedures
Meijer - 12 months ago
Meijer (pronounced "Meyer") is a giant of retailing in the Midwest. The company's huge combination grocery and general...