Tenure-track Associate/Full faculty position in the Counseling Program.
• Teach a variety of graduate-level counseling courses across the CACREP curriculum
• Engage in active research commenserate with the tenure and promotion guidelines
• Chair doctoral comprehensive examinations and dissertation committees
• Provide advisement to MEd and PhD students in school and/or clinical mental health counseling
• Participate in program governance, administration, and CACREP curriculum development
• Provide service to the university and community
• Engage in student recruitment activities
Earned Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Counselor Education from a CACREP accredited institution.
Licensure or licensure-eligible as a school counselor and/or LPC in Mississippi.
Experience and training in the specialty area of school counseling, demonstrated record of achievement in teaching, research, service, program administration, and directing dissertations. Strong identification with the American Counseling Association and a research agenda that exemplifies scholarly production, publication, and external funding.
Special instructions to applicants
Interested applicants will attach a cover letter, a current vita, a list of five references (on the link entitled “Other 1”), and graduate transcripts.
Upon hire, faculty members of the University must provide an official transcript. Transcripts “issued to students” in a sealed envelope are not accepted for employment purposes. Request an official transcript to be mailed directly to Human Resources: University of Mississippi, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 1848, University, MS 38677-1848.
Please check to see which documents (i.e., resume, CV, cover letter, list of references) are associated with this posting. Prior to applying for the position, prepare the electronic versions of these documents to upload or to “copy and paste” when prompted. You will not have the opportunity to attach them after you apply.
University of Mississippi - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard