LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY – THIS IS A LOS ANGELES BASED POSITION (Lenax does not pay for relocation or travel expenses for interviews).
Since its inception in 1993, Lenax Construction Services, Inc. ( LENAX ) has provided quality construction services and project controls to a diverse range of engineering, design, and construction firms. LENAX services a broad range of markets, including airports, transportation, industrial, correctional, universities, and marine. LENAX is a goal-oriented and customer-driven independent consulting business, aimed at adding value and strength to our clients’ program teams by providing expertise in current pricing and economic trends, while utilizing the most up to date means and methods in the construction and design industries.
Lenax Construction Services is looking for a Document Control Technician to work within an airport environment . The Document Control Technician will provide document control support as assigned for various airport projects, including Terminal, Airside and Landside projects that are underway or being planned. This document control support encompasses both electronic and hard copy distribution and filing. The document control technician will process, distribute, and archive all project related documentation received and sent, using Prolog Manager and maintain an electronic and hard copy centralized filing system.
Essential Job Duties:
- The control, scanning, indexing, copying, linking, receiving, and distribution of documents in Prolog. This includes internal and external to project participants distribution of correspondence, technical submittals, project reports, Requests for Information, contract plans, and specifications.
- Prepare transmittals; distribute documents using Prolog, and retrieve documents through Prolog software.
- Must be sensitive to time deadlines and ensure that work is accomplished in the time frames required and must be flexible and able to readily adapt to changing priorities
- Assist the Document Control Supervisor and Project Team in all matters relative to project documents and the control and distribution in Prolog Manager.
- Process project documents and maintain document control files in accordance with project document control procedures. Responsibilities include establish and maintain files, receive, index, and scan into Prolog Manager Software. Types of project documents include correspondence, field memos, submittals, pay requests, drawing log, safety notices, RFIs, and photos. Prepare documents for close-out/retention.
- Create binders, labels, organize and file contract documents.
- Provide excellent customer service and coordinate with team members.
- Other duties as needed.
- Experience on a large-scale, billion dollar public-sector construction project highly desirable.
- Must be a self-starter attitude with proactive, results-oriented focus; and willing and capable to assume additional responsibilities.
- Must be able to produce accurate and timely results while maintaining a customer-service attitude.
- Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment.
- Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous positions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to interface with a variety of people with different technical levels and educational backgrounds
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Must possess a “can-do” attitude: able to produce consistently accurate results at a fast pace.
- Must be able to occasionally wrap, lift and move boxes/packages of up to 40-pounds.
Salary history and salary expectations must be included. Applicants without a salary expectations and history will not be considered. A list of previous projects worked on is required as well.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- 2+ years of professional experience in document control.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of software is required.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat is required.
- Experience with large-scale Document Control Software is preferred, Prolog and/or Documentum highly desirable.
- Experience with routine Document Control hardware and software, such as scanners, optical character recognition.
LENAX employees enjoy a wide range of benefits and a competitive compensation package. LENAX is an Equal
- 2 years ago - save job