Reports to Senior Corporate Counsel
This position will assist Senior Corporate Counsel and General Counsel in supporting Tripwire’s business and legal goals. Primary responsibility will be supporting revenue deals and the sales contract process.
- Independently drives contract lifecycle from drafting through completion of the negotiation process. Manages contract change control process and related correspondence requiring legal input for a high volume of business critical, time-sensitive sales agreements. Can include all manner of revenue contracts, bidding documents, as well as 3rd party agreements.
- Drive execution: Effectively manage time and priorities by focusing on highest priority tasks and working efficiently; prepare for and facilitate productive meetings.
- Analyze issues and use sound judgment: Gather and analyze information needed to understand problems; base decisions on sound logic and rationale; advance problems toward resolution when encountering ambiguity or uncertainty; choose the best alternative based on consideration of pros, cons, tradeoffs, timing and available resources; make timely decisions on problems and issues requiring immediate attention; make sound decisions on complex functional issues and problems.
- Anticipate and identify legal issues of concern as well as strategic solutions to Senior Corporate Counsel and General Counsel.
- Act as a resource for questions regarding contract document controls and process.
- Participate in establishing policies and procedures that are consistent with the organization’s broad policies and objectives.
- Continue to expand the Legal Department’s working knowledge of federal contracting requirements and increase efficiencies related to this market.
- Proactively identify areas to increase scalability and efficiency in the company’s contracting process, proposing and implementing new policies and procedures as needed.
- Develop new templates and policies as needed.
- Other responsibilities as requested by Senior Corporate Counsel and General Counsel.
Skills and Aptitudes:
- Highly organized with natural aptitude to thrive in fast paced environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Working understanding of contracts law.
- Strong customer orientation- both internal and external.
- Outstanding critical thinking skills.
- Advanced knowledge in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to leverage technology to streamline processes.
- Ability to plan, lead, and drive projects to completion.
- Natural sense of urgency (Can set and meet deadlines).
- Able to adapt to different situations and work effectively with different groups of people.
- Confident and comfortable with direct and unfiltered communication.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to represent the company in a positive and professional manner.
- 3-5 years experience working in a corporate legal department.
- Experience negotiating NDAs, software licenses and professional services agreements in a high volume and face paced setting.
- Experience supporting a high volume sales force.
- Member of the Oregon State Bar and/or reciprocity to practice law in Oregon.
TOP 6 REASONS TO JOIN TRIPWIRE:
1. We have been named one of Oregon’s best places to work… three years running!
2. We are...