In this role, the Perioperative Data Associate will be responsible to support the Surgical Services Management. Duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Act as liaison between OR management and IT to aid in smooth transfer of information and data between groups.
- Act liaison between Surgical Services Nursing and IT to address Cerner issues.
- Maintains case volume data and presents to appropriate parties
- Act as liaison between OR and NY Presbyterian to ensure smooth and rapid turnover of information from NYP to NYM
- Maintains process for creating CDM codes for chargeable items to insurers that will reimburse for all supplies/materials used in a case.
- Run queries to ensure that all chargeable items are documented through the Cerner Surginet system.
- Continue to analyze materials volume/usage trends within services compared to established benchmarks to ensure appropriate product utilization.
- Maintain Item Master additions and deletions as new vendor managed products appear in Cerner Surginet documentation.
- Maintain and monitor interface between Lawson and Cerner Surginet to ensure that preference cards stay up to date and have the proper nomenclature for accurate data transmission.
- Work towards system automation
- Interface Item Master, Lawson and Cerner Surginet to allow for data collection on procedures, automatic update/maintenance of preference cards
- Prepare for an annual inventory count by comparing present Item Master file to previous annual inventory count to identify any increases in on-hand inventory value from month-to-month
- Analyze and assess opportunities for product standardization and consolidation
- Develop strategy to project standard supply costs per procedure
- Will allow NYM to realize profit per procedure, instead of just revenue per procedure
- Work on assigned duties as designated by the Business Manager and Director of Surgical Services.
- Bachelors Degree required
- Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
- Practical Business Experience
- Excellent Communication Skills
New York Methodist Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching hospital in the Park Slope section of Brooklyn. Established in 1881 as...