Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. The opportunity below is with one of our clients for a full-time permanent hire.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Our clients are often interested in candidates who may be more jr. or sr. than the description indicates, or may be missing some of the requirements, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
If you are interested in this position and would like to pursue it, please apply by sending your resume in word, text, or html (not PDF) format.
If you have any friends or colleagues who may be interested in career advancement in the technology industry, please introduce them to me. If we place someone referred by you, we'll thank you with a significant referral reward.
The majority of jobs we are recruiting for are not posted on this website, so if this job below does not fit you but you would like to know which jobs would be the best fit for you, please send your resume to me directly via the email address below. We can then do a more customized search for you.
Matthew [at] skyrocketventures [dot] com
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Site Reliability Engineer / Operations Engineer
Mountain View, CA
We’re looking for smart engineers who believe that mobile computing backed by the cloud is the future of computing. You would be working in a team that is building a highly available system: the next generation enterprise computing and collaboration platform. We like pushing the envelope, whether it’s trying to optimize down to the last packet for power efficiency in a mobile app or making one machine serve half a million clients. If this is what piques your interest, you should talk to us.
- Understand and work on a variety of our serving systems, from AJAX based web servers to optimized packet routers.
- Desire to radically change the face of mobile computing in the enterprise.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve customer problems that arise and with a high degree of independence. NOTE: This is not primarily coordination job; rather you will be expected to resolve most issues on your own once you get up to speed.
- Strong sense of ownership, ability to work in dynamic environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills.
- At least 3-5 years experience with Linux and/or Windows experience being a major plus.
- Experience working on large scale serving systems and clustered database systems.
- Familiar with GIT.
- System and/or network administration experience.