The Digital Sales Manager manages sales performance for the office or team of Digital Account |
Executives as well as supports the digital sales plan of the local media property. The Digital Sales Manager provides input to the digital and local leadership regarding market conditions, competition, and effectiveness of the digital sales plan. The Digital Sales Manager will develop, recommend and execute actions to gain market share.
The Digital Sales Manager is accountable for the full scope of management of sales people including establishing and measuring sales goals, providing performance feedback and coaching to ensure team members achieve key performance indicators.
DAILY MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· The Digital Sales Manager is the local digital product, process, and sales strategy expert in their assigned region.
· Effectively develops and executes local digital sales strategy and revenue plan within plan requirements, in alignment with the overall digital strategy and that of our local media property.
· Guides the integrated and dedicated sales team and provide weekly sales training workshops on specific areas of development for all of the reps.
· Each Digital Sales Manager must be able to recruit, hire, train, and manage their team of digital sellers and personally lead customers through conversations. Ability to read, utilize market and advertiser research to develop sales solutions, marketing materials, and presentations.
· Full P&L responsibility for digital revenue and responsible for making business decisions around the profitability of their sales organizations as well as specific sales proposals and offerings.
· 75-80% of overall time to be spent providing daily coaching, feedback to all sales reps, as well as demonstrating, observing and coaching sales reps 3 to 4 days per week to ensure product knowledge, value proposition, competitive market intelligence, and sales approach.
· Conduct pre-call checks every morning at least 3 to 4 days per week
· Conduct post-call debriefs every evening with the same reps 3 to 4 days week per week
· Provide verbal and written feedback on areas of strength and areas for development for each rep
· Continually track the Digital Account Executives’ skills and continually work on moving each digital account executive from one step of the sales call process to the next
· Certifies all members of their team in sales process, product knowledge and value proposition. Works with the Digital Training Manager to ensure that each Digital Account Executive is knowledgeable (certified when required) and equipped to sell the full array of products and services.
· Establishes and monitors key pacing metrics and conducts frequent pipeline review to
effectively forecast results.
· Coaches, develops and monitors behavior and results to determine development needs. Directly accountable for each campaign; ensuring it is properly executed to achieve goals per standards.
· Completes periodic performance reviews and implements Digital Account Executives development initiatives to meet the talent requirements of the team. Conducts the new hire selection process to replace talent as needed, consistent with company hiring requirements.
· Properly manages resources in an efficient way
· Travels to designated offices as required.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
A four year business degree preferred. A minimum of two to five years of sales management experience is required, preferably in an internet/digital environment. Possess proven track record of managing a team of Digital Media Professionals (account executives), potentially across multiple markets.
· Strong leadership abilities with proven success building an effective team. Capable of developing team members consistent with the sales training, value proposition and goals of the organization.
· Superior Internet/Digital product knowledge and personal selling skills.
· Strong Microsoft Office skills including Power point, Excel and Word
· Good organization and communication skills required (verbal and written). Ability to share vision and gain buy-in (build loyalty). Performance oriented leader with sound ability to manage team to daily outcomes. Ability to achieve goals through their team.
· Manages difficult or emotional customer situations
· Local market analytics and a solid set of computer skills are needed. Must have an in depth knowledge to pull reports needed to ensure proper pacing of their team and the canvass.
· Must be able to identify and diagnosis issues to ensure achievement of goals.
· Develops a work environment that motivates and maintains a high level of employee performance and morale.
· This position will be responsible for managing employees covered under a collective bargaining agreement.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.