Depending on candidate’s level of experience, this position will be responsible for varying degrees of scope, complexity and leadership in compliance activities, including the interpretation, execution, certification, documentation and reporting of North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) and Reliability First Corporation (RFC) Reliability Standards as they relate to PPL Electric Utilities (EU). This position will be assigned a mix of reliability standards associated with Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP), Relay Protection, Facility Ratings and other engineering activities. This position may use general knowledge of engineering principles, auditing practices, security administration and awareness, systems design, and project management.
1. Act as a clearinghouse for EU departments to identify compliance standards and metrics that apply to EU, based on its registration with NERC and the Reliability First Corporation.
2. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with major EU departments and applicable PPL Service groups.
3. Clearly communicate technical and complex topics orally and in writing to define issues and needs. Effectively facilitate documentation and certification of ongoing compliance.
4. Participate with the compliance group and subject matter experts to identify, contest, rectify and respond to gaps in compliance reporting and to verify the integrity, accuracy and completeness of periodic departmental reports.
5. Coordinate and facilitate comments and revisions to NERC and RFC reliability standards, compliance requirements and measures. Perform specialized reliability standard and compliance analyses.
6. Participate in the design, testing & implementation of revised reliability standard compliance processes, procedures, and tools.
7. Perform EU staff training on reliability standard compliance requirements and measures, processes, procedures and tools.
8. Interface with PPL Services (Corporate Security, ISD, HR, etc) to understand all EU compliance issues requiring coordination with service organizations. Also, understand compliance issues from market subsidiaries that have possible ramifications to EU.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications to receive consideration.
1. Bachelor Degree or 4 years of related experience.
1. Strong interpersonal skills with effective oral, written and listening communication skills.
2. Strong customer focus with the ability to understand business needs.
3. Works in a professional and ethical manner. Able to plan work to meet performance expectations and group/departmental goals.
4. Works in a productive and quality manner.
5. Capable of handling stressful situations and maintain control.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PPL is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace - M/F/D/V
PPL Corporation - 2 years ago
PPL Corporation (PPL) is an energy and utility holding company, which through its subsidiaries, generates electricity from power plants in...