Under limited supervision of the RV Resort Manager/Community Manager, responsible for planning and coordinating a variety of activities for the RV Resort/Community.
Plan activities including but not limited to picnics, sporting events, dances, and dinners.
Produce a calendar of events for the season with budget expectations.
Attend and supervise all activities.
Set-up and clean-up after events.
Coordinate activities with appropriate vendors as necessary.
Prepare monthly and annual activity budgets.
Maintain a balance sheet for each activity showing income, expenses, attendance and vendors used.
Review, approve, and submit all invoices for payment in a timely manner and document all payments.
Hire, train, and supervise activities team members.
Organize and supervise activity volunteers.
Maintain accurate office and activity supply inventories.
Prepare weekly newsletter and distribute to RV Resort/Community residents.
Organize fundraising activities.
Ensure all equipment and supplies are kept in good condition.
Answer the telephone courteously; handle routine questions about activities.
Maintain petty cash fund, turning in petty cash request upon reaching $100.00 in receipts for reimbursement.
Prepare end of month and other reports as required by manager.
Market events within the community or outside the community to ensure their success.
Balance monies collected through the day and reconcile to cash register.
Prepare bank deposits.
Follow the Cash Handling Policy of the Company.
Prepare food for small events and work with a caterer for larger events.
Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience Required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of computers; must have Quickbooks experience and knowledge
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work well with others inside as well as outside the Company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively negotiate prices/contracts on behalf of Resort/Community
- Knowledge of how to use a Duplicator
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Must have flexibility to work outside of traditional work hours during events.
Sun Communities - 12 months ago
Ask Sun Communities and it'll say the sun always shines brighter on its residents. The self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT)...