Works under general supervision to perform specialized clerical work involved in organizing, analyzing, processing, and maintaining operating, financial, statistical and other specialized reports and records pertaining to departmental functions.
EEOC CODE: 60
Minimum Qualifications 1. Three (3) years’ experience in appropriate clerical, bookkeeping, data processing or statistical work; and
2. Graduated from accredited High School or possess GED.
3. (PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED) Special Requirements 1. Must be able to function in a prison environment.
2. Must have a valid Tennessee Driver’s License or secure one as of employment date.
3. Must be able to work shifts, evenings, and on weekends as required.
4. Must pass NCIC background check.
5. Participate in annual in-service and other training programs as required.
6. Must pass drug and TB screen.
Duties and Responsibilities 1. Analyzes and examines reports, resolutions, accounts, ledgers, forms, cash books, applications, or other area related documents/materials to determine discrepancies, conformance or deviations to policies, practices, and requirements as appropriate to work function.
2. Adjusts or obtains explanations from sources as required; refers questionable matters to supervisor or lead clerk.
3. Plans, prepares, and maintains work flow and reporting systems; reads and interprets correspondence.
4. Searches files and assembles materials; compiles information, statistics or other data,
5. Makes necessary calculations and prepares related reports.
6. May compose letters, memoranda, reports, etc., for supervisor's review and/or signature.
7. May review for accuracy and completeness, reports submitted by lower level clerks; may recommend changes, revisions, etc.
8. Operates office machines.
9. Performs some or all of duties associated with Clerical Specialist I or clerical classifications.
10. Exercises instructional or partial supervisory responsibilities; provides assistance to others.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities 1. Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
2. Knowledge of business English and math.
3. Ability to compose general correspondence and write and type documents for a variety of needs.
4. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software.
5. Ability to analyze and solve problems and exercise good judgment.
6. Ability to express ideas clearly, concisely and effectively verbally and in writing.
7. Skills in operating selected office machines, personal computers and typewriters.
8. Ability to communicate effectively with the public, co-workers and other departments.
9. May require specialized knowledge, skills or abilities in specified work functions or areas.
1045 Mullins Station Road
Memphis, Tennessee 38134 Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department - 18 months ago
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...