PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Health IT Services Group offers Acumen HER, a proprietary electronic network of web-based applications for physician practices. This technology enhances the care team’s ability to maintain, track and communicate medical, patient and business information. Our applications are designed by physicians for physicians.
The Support Specialist II is responsible for providing professional phone and email support to HITSG clients for HITSG legacy and Acumen systems.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES :
CUSTOMER SERVICE :
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Serves customers through telephone, email and internet inquiries.
- Strives to exceed published Service Level Agreement (SLA) between clients and HITSG.
- Represents HITSG to our customers every day by being responsive to their needs.
- Thoroughly documents all customer issues in the issue tracking system(s) to ensure product and service reliability.
- Contributes to the development of a support knowledge base for use both internally and externally.
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming application and technical requests from both internal and external customers.
- Troubleshoots, identifies and resolves first and second level support problems including problems related to software but to also include internet connectivity and hardware problems.
- Tracks and monitors problems to insure a timely resolution; following department and SLA guidelines for escalating product support issues.
- Advises users how they can assist in troubleshooting problems to resolution.
- Responsible for using good judgment during the support of HITSG customers.
- Assists other staff members with testing and resolving product issues.
- Appropriately escalates issues in a timely manner.
- Adheres to department call tracking procedures.
- Functions as a respected and contributing member of the Support Team of the Client Services Departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS :
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Extensive use of computer keyboard. Sitting for long periods of time.
- B.S. Degree in related area or equivalent work experience in lieu of.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS :
- 2 years experience in application software support.
- Previous experience in clinical application software support and practice management software support.
- Previous software helpdesk experience.
- Hospital, clinical or ancillary applications experience preferred.
- Some basic hardware and networking skills required.
- Accepts responsibility to ensure the customer’s issue is resolved to satisfaction.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of the product and its function in the customer’s clinical environment and provides first level application support to HITSG end users and all other areas of the company
- Contributes to the continued development and expansion of the product knowledgebase.
- Assist in training of new employees.
- Must participate in an on-call rotation for after hours support.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Responsible for personal growth as it pertains to technical and clinical aspects of HITSG.
- Experience using Windows2000, WindowsXP, WindowsVista, and web based applications.
- Experience using MS Office products, Internet Explorer 6.5, 7.0 and 8.0.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with users of various educational and professional backgrounds.
- Able to work under high pressure situations and deal with difficult people.
- Effective troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Experience with remote access connections such as RDP or Webex.
- Experience with call tracking systems.
- Healthcare experience related to clinical physician office operations
- Must be detail oriented, organized and have the ability to multi-task.
- Must be flexible with a “can do” attitude and have the ability to remain professional under high pressure situations.
- Must have a proven track record of working independently as well as a team environment.
Fresenius Medical Care - 2 years ago
Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. One of the...