Software Developer - Iowa City, IA (Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate)
Job ID : 2013-14963
# of Positions: 1
Posted Date: 5/7/2013
Job Location: US-IA-Iowa City
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Category: Information Technology
Pearson has one defining goal: to help people progress in their lives through learning. We champion innovation and we invest in models for education that deliver on our promise for effective, accessible, and personal learning from early literacy, college and career readiness to professional education, through data informed instruction and inventive applications for mobile and digital learning.
Pearson, the world's leading learning company, has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business, and consumer publishing and is listed on the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How would you like to work on a system that reaches millions of students in the U.S. each year? Pearson's TestNav system does just that! TestNav is an online test delivery system that enables schools to administer tests securely online and on demand for kindergarten through grade 12 using interactive testing tools. Sound interesting? We're looking for a high level Java developer to join our Systems Product Support team in Iowa City!
- Development work will include front-end UI development, middleware development and back-end database connectivity for application.
- You will need to understand and perform basic analysis of previously written software, and be able to modify and maintain that code.
- You will test and debug newly written or modified software code.
- You will author and understand technical documents as needed.
- You will frequently interact with intra-department contacts to exchange ideas and information, discuss problems and solutions.
- You will work on a small to medium sized team specializing in J2EE development.
- You will need to communicate effectively, both written and oral, to different levels of technical and non-technical audiences.
- You will perform all development tasks with a high level of quality, and within scheduled timeframes.
- Work will be completed in a team environment or independently.
Working knowledge in the following technology is required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology; or B.S.E in Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience required.
- 3 - 7 years of experience developing J2EE applications in a structured environment.
- Experience in an object-oriented environment using Java, J2EE preferred.
- Knowledge of Agile Software and Test Driven Development methodologies.
JAVA – high proficiency
SPRING Framework – working knowledge level proficiency
Open Source tools, such as Tomcat and Apache Web Server – some proficiency
Oracle – working knowledge level proficiency
iTEXT – working knowledge level proficiency
JSF – working knowledge level proficiency
XML, HTML, CSV, XLS – working knowledge proficiency
SAS programming helpful
Keywords: Java, J2EE, Hibernate, Spring, Jobs in IT, , IT jobs in Iowa, agile, object-oriented, Jobs in Iowa City, Jobs in Cedar Rapids, Jobs in Coralville, Jobs in North Liberty.
- 2 years ago - save job
Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. Our...