CENTERS, established in August 1998, is the first company in the United States organized solely for the purpose of providing management services for university recreation, fitness, and wellness facilities. Our management team has more than 100 years of professional experience in planning and implementing recreation facilities and programs, with a focus on market responsiveness, mission sensitivity, cost effectiveness, and a commitment to excellence on behalf of our clients.
Under the direction of the Fitness and Wellness Coordinator, the Graduate Supervisor has the responsibility for supervising the Personal Training, Group Fitness and Massage Therapy programs as well as assisting with Fitness & Wellness programming for the department.
- Assists with the preparation, forecasting and monitoring of income and expense budgets as it relates to the Recreation Center.
- Assist the Fitness & Wellness Coordinator with the implementation, evaluation, and day to day operation of the personal training program/group fitness/nutrition/massage therapy.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate the fitness and wellness programs each semester at the Rec Center such as Biggest Loser, Body Forge and Boot Camp.
- Assist the Fitness & Wellness Coordinator with the implementation, evaluation, and operation of the Group Fitness Instructor Training and/or Personal Fitness Instructor Training courses.
- Create, implement, and evaluate WellFest, Fitness Challenge and other special fitness/wellness events for the Recreation Center.
- Assist with participating in health and wellness fairs for on-campus organizations, corporate partners, and outside vendors.
- Assist with maintenance and repair of all program and service supplies.
- Purchase equipment and items as needed for specific programs with approval of Fitness & Wellness Coordinator.
- Work as a Level 1 trainer for the Rec Center.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings hosted by the campus recreation services department
- Evening/Weekend work responsibility as required.
- Member of the Risk Management Committee member as well as Special Event Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Administration, Exercise Science or Higher Education or closely related field.
- Acceptance into the College of Graduate Studies at Cleveland State University.
- Nationally accredited certification for Personal Training – including ACSM, ACE, AFAA, and NSCA.
- Current certification in CPR/AED/First Aid.
- One year of undergraduate experience in campus recreation and knowledge of basic practices in recreational sports.
- Leadership and supervisory abilities of undergraduate students and interns.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a professional team that collaborates effectively with colleagues.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that values entrepreneurial spirit, high expectations, accountability, and balanced lifestyles.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of Spectrum CSI software.
Centers - 24 months ago