New Product Development Manager
We have a career opportunity available for a New Product Development Manager at our Reinhart Technical Center located in Richmond, VA. This position will focus on supporting various Carpenter Co. business units with new product development requirements, maintaining a pipeline of new ideas, soliciting sales input coupled with voice of the customer (VOC) feedback, and tailoring product development activities to create specific new product solutions. Other responsibilities will include ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support specific business unit strategies and goals, while creating value for Carpenter Co. and our Customers. In addition, this role will partner with and serve as the liaison for our research & development, manufacturing, engineering, sales, and marketing departments.
- Work with sales, marketing, R&D, manufacturing, engineering, purchasing, and our leadership team to manage the new product development process from concept phase through to post-launch analysis
- Gain internal and external data input including VOC feedback and calibrate against market trends and competitive product data
- Use data and VOC feedback to facilitate new product ideation and development sessions
- Maintain product design and manufacturing compliance with all regulatory issues
- Repeat the New Product Development process to generate a pipeline of customer and market specific product solutions
- Develop a broad based initial costing for all new products developed along with measurement tools and reporting
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Product Manager, Product or Business Development Manager, Material Specialists, or Product Marketing Manager
- Demonstrated successful track record with developing and launching new products into consumer, industrial, or healthcare markets preferred
- Technical or sales & marketing background with products manufactured from foam, polymers and fabrics preferred
- Ability to forge strong mutually respectful internal and external relationships
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Excellence with working as part of a cohesive project team, as well as individually
- Great written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to travel 3 to 10 days per month
Carpenter Co - 17 months ago