With origins dating back to 1919, CohnReznick is currently the 11th largest accounting, tax and advisory firm in the United States, combining the resources and technical expertise of a national firm with the hands-on, entrepreneurial approach that today's dynamic business environment demands. Clients turn to CohnReznick because of the people we hire. That’s why we make finding and hiring the best in our industry a top priority—and then retain them by being a great place to work, grow and advance. We offer career paths for both recent graduates and experienced professionals.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Manager within our State and Local Tax (“SALT”) practice supporting our CT offices.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting clients with complex corporate and individual income tax matters, drafting technical memoranda regarding income and franchise tax issues, researching responses to day-to-day tax matters, and assisting with tax controversies including preparing clients for discussions with auditors and representing the client at meetings
- Other responsibilities include performing nexus studies, review of client’s state tax filings, and completing all aspects of voluntary disclosure filings
- Assist with business development, client relationship management, and the management and delivery of SALT services
- Supervise, mentor, develop, and manage staff
- Serve as a technical resource for professionals throughout the firm
- Experience with sales tax is a plus, but not required
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- A minimum of 7 - 10 years of tax experience with a public accounting firm
- Experience in various state and local taxes including income/franchise tax and sales/use tax
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA designation or Enrolled Agent
- J.D. and/or MST preferred, but not a requirement
- Outstanding verbal, written and computer skills
- Background in Federal income taxes is a plus
You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with the broader CohnReznick team in delivering the highest quality service to our clients; interact directly with our clients on a regular basis to better understand and serve their needs; and grow and develop your career with support and mentoring from more experienced Certified Public Accountants in the accounting, auditing, and tax areas of the Firm, as well as through your regular participation in internal and external Continuing Professional Education programs.
CohnReznick - 22 months ago