Job Title: Business Coordinator- Environmental Health & Safety
Job ID: 33530
Business Unit: FACSV
Full/Part Time: Full-Time (40 hours)
Associates degree or equivalent and 2 years of office related experience.
To manage, coordinate, and directly support the administrative, business management, and/or staff activities within a process/department.
$34,880 - $43,600 Annually
This position is a Band Code: CS13.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Assists in the development of Process budget.
- Monitors current status of the Process budget including income and expenditures.
- Reconciles Process accounts comparing entries on ledgers with invoices, journal vouchers, and purchase orders to verify accuracy of posting and receipt of payment for services provided by the Process.
- Identifies variances in expenditures and reports to customers as appropriate.
- Maintains detailed reports and records of accounting data.
- Assists in the preparation of detailed financial, statistical, and annual reports.
- Coordinates and processes employee business expense reimbursements ensuring compliance with current UTMB policies and procedures.
- Types routine, complex, and/or confidential documents utilizing a typewriter, word processor, or specialized computer software package (e.g., presentations, flow charts, etc.).
- Composes correspondence and memorandums in appropriate business letter format.
- Proofreads all completed assignments for grammar, format, and structure.
- Creates, maintains, and manipulates databases and spreadsheets.
- Develops area/process office record keeping systems.
- Compiles data for necessary reports and develops reports that are user friendly.
- Schedules, coordinates, and organizes appointments, meetings, and rooms.
- Coordinates meeting notifications and prepares agendas.
- Files process/area records, reports, correspondence, and other documents maintaining files in accordance with the current Record Retention Schedule.
- Responsible for administrative support tasks at the executive level.
- Key Control Officer for the Process/Department.
- Coordinates and enters employee time and attendance utilizing on-line reporting system verifying the correctness and completeness of data entered.
- Verifies and reconciles payroll issues and distributes employee payroll.
- Performs related duties as required.
Standard office equipment
- Proficient with PowerPoint presentation development
- Familiarity with accounting; organized records filing and records storage
- Able to coordinate multiple projects with varying timelines
- Able to build various charts and graphs to illustrate data in reports
- Strong communication skills with higher and lower level staff
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Applicant must be able to pass UTMB Security Clearance
The University of Texas Medical Branch
- 2 years ago - save job