Building on its heritage of more than 65 years, Alcon, the global leader in eye care, is the second largest division of the Novartis Group with combined pro-forma sales of more than USD 9.4 billion in 2010. The division was formed by Novartis on April 8, 2011, following the closing of the merger between Alcon and Novartis. The new Alcon Division combines the product portfolios, commercialization capabilities, R&D and talent of Alcon, CIBA VISION and Novartis Ophthalmics. Today, Alcon has more than 22,000 employees with headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A. Alcon's three businesses - Surgical, Pharmaceutical and Vision Care - meet the diverse needs of eye care professionals and patients offering the widest spectrum of eye care products with operations in 75 countries and products available in 180 markets.
Alcon currently has an opening in Johns Creek, Georgia (North Atlanta, Duluth) for a RESEARCH VISION SCIENTIST/ Ophthamalic Lens Design.
Work within cross-functional teams based in Vision Care Research to create novel ophthalmic lens designs through predictive computational modeling. Outputs will define clear endpoints to reach proof-of-science and research goals.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Development of predictive, surrogate clinical methods for visual outcomes.
- Conducts lens design research using state-of-the-art optical design and vision science technology and methods.
- Provides direct support to Vision Care Research programs as a core team member.
- Creation of innovative contact lens designs and mechanisms, consultation for clinical evaluation and specification of metrology systems.
- Assessment of ophthalmic technology/literature landscape.
- Continued innovation in ophthalmic, vision science and optical design to achieve research targets.
- Elevation of research programs in the product development pipeline. Minimum requirements EDUCATION:
- Vision Science Background (degree level varied with experience). Prefer Optical Engineering and Optical, Mechanical or System Engineering
- BS + 5 yrs. Experience, MS + 4 yrs. Experience, Ph.D. + 0-1 yr. experience.
Alcon is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
- Vision Science
- Optical Design: ZEMAX / ASAP
- Adaptive Optics and OCT
- Programming: MATLAB / C / C++ / JAVA
- Optical and Ophthalmic metrology knowledge
- Ultra-precision fabrication of optics a plus
- Medical Device experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication
As an Alcon associate, you are expected to know, understand, and comply with all applicable safety and health standards and rules.
Novartis - 9 months ago
Novartis AG, incorporated on February 29, 1996, is a Switzerland-based holding that, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the research, d...