The Global Information Technology (Global IT) team is part of the broader Technology & Operations organization. It is responsible for HP’s internal IT strategy and all of its IT assets that support HP employees and help drive strategic company priorities. This includes worldwide application development, the company’s private cloud, IT security, data management, technology infrastructure, and telecommunication networks.
The Incident Resolution Center provides front-line reactive and proactive management for critical systems. Personnel respond to real-time incidents to resolve problems or application/system outages, regular on-going review of analysis of data to identify recurring problems and proactively detect potential future problems. They provide on-going support of the infrastructure operations; ensure day-to-day support of application across the company and ensures support tools are maintained, optimized and used effectively with a high level of availability. They act as a liaison for the user and business communities to ensure end to end lifecycle management.
The Incident Manager position within the Command Center is accountable for the activities and resources required to resolve incidents affecting business critical systems & infrastructure. In this role, the incident Manager facilitates resources to restore normal service operation as quickly as possible, minimize the adverse impact on business operations and to ensure that the best possible levels of service quality and availability are maintained according to SLAs. Specific responsibilities include:
1. Evaluates requests for major incidents
2. Understands the business impact of the major incident
3. Manages the major incident process
a. Maintains command and control of the situation
b. Drives restoration by asking the right questions
4. Ensures communications regarding major incidents are properly prepared to achieve desired results
a. Focus is on effective executive communications
b. Gives precise and confident information about progress towards service restoration
5. Coordinates the creation of major incident teams
6. Positions for proper problem management follow up after restoration has been achieved
7. Ensures business impact is eliminated and/or acceptable performance levels before closure
8. Develops, documents and follows up on action plans during event lifecycle
9. Schedules and facilitates major incident meetings and phone conferences
10. Maintains overall control of the major incident efforts keeping the team focused and on track to restoration.
11. Facilitates resolution of complex incidents to ensure positive and timely outcomes
12. Handle infrastructure elevations request helping accelerate resolution of issues before they impact the business
13. Strong Monitoring abilities, ownership and follow up of actions
14. Act as the single point of contact and liaison for HP's Business Critical External Partners and end user communities.
Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems / Computer Science or equivalent experience and a minimum of 6 years related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience
Well developed listening and documentation skills
- Foundational knowledge and experience with ITIL reference model
- Quality methodology and tools, Six Sigma methodology
- Leadership experience with implementation, problem analysis and solutions of infrastructure and business application environments
- Strong initiative, problem solving, priority setting, and collaboration skills
- Strong experience with implementation, problem analysis and resolution of infrastructure and business application environments
- Strong experience with infrastructure environments (e.g. operating system, hardware, data center, security, network, voice, end user and server / web related applications)
- Strong experience with business IT applications (e.g. supply chain, CRM, HR, Finance)
- Possess creative ability, consulting skills, leadership qualities, credibility and self confidence
- Possess influencing skills and ability to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements and solutions
- Participates as a member of and/or leads IT technical team or teams of support engineers on applications or sub domain
- Ability to manage events and drive team to resolution
- Strong facilitation and project management skills (calm and commanding presence)
- Ability to formulate strategies and support development efforts
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership qualities: integrity, attention to detail, deadline oriented, goal oriented and a motivator. Ability to interface with all levels in clients' organization and all levels of staff
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment within a fast growing, dynamic business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high quality results while balancing multiple priorities. Demonstrated ability to manage mission critical issues in crisis situations
- Strong decision making and judgment capabilities
Costa Rica-Costa Rica-Heredia
United States-Texas-Austin, United States-Georgia-Alpharetta, Mexico-Jalisco-Guadalajara, Ireland-Ireland-Galway, United States-Texas-Houston, United States-Georgia-Atlanta, India-Karnataka-Bangalore
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is a multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA. HP got...