Responsible for supporting the development of Combined Operating License Application (COLA) and Early Site Permitting (ESP) Applications for potential new nuclear units for clients. Additional responsibilities also consist of providing licensing support for operating nuclear power plants, including Extended Power Uprate (EPU) and Steam Generator Replacement (SGR) projects, reviewing 50.59 evaluations in accordance with 10 CFR 50.59, Reg. Guide 1.187 (Guidance for Implementation of 10 CFR 50.59, Changes, Tests, and Experiments), and NEI 96-07 (
Guidelines for 50.59 Evaluations)
preparing design baseline documents, and performing hazards analyses (flooding, fire protection and 10 CFR 50, Appendix R, evaluations).
Initiates and maintains extensive contacts with key individuals of other organizations, requiring skill in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues. This position is responsible for being a specialist and is considered an authority for the company in an area of licensing responsibility. Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members. Provide advanced technical advice to staff. Assist with supervision of staff on major projects. Regularly meets and corresponds with clients or outside personnel. Interface with clients on schedules, contracts, estimates, scope of work requirements, etc. Attend/conduct all required meetings throughout the project duration. Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree from accredited program.
· Minimum 7 years related experience in the nuclear industry (completion of master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience).
· Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Previous nuclear operating plant experience preferred.
· Registration as a Professional Engineer preferred.
· Understand the US regulatory process for nuclear power plants and the documentation supporting that process, including Regulatory Guides, Standard Review Plans, General Design Criteria, Branch Technical Positions, etc.
· Capable of identifying and resolving technical issues, coordinating, providing technical direction, and reviewing the work of other engineers.
Experienced in design reviews and design review preparation
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Burns & McDonnell - 17 months ago
At Burns & McDonnell, we believe in the power of an entrepreneurial dream. It’s how we began, in 1898, when Clinton Burns and...