SUMMARY: The Visitor Center & Café Ambassadors are members of our Hospitality Team and are our front line employees providing a world-class experience. Ambassadors spend the day forming positive relationships with our internal/external customers by acting as public relation liaisons, Green Mountain Coffee brand advocates, providers of tourist information for the Waterbury community and surrounding areas, brewing coffee and making specialty drinks, as well as actively participate in a team environment ensuring all guests have a world-class experience. Ambassadors are responsible for problem solving, building relationships, and communication between customers and other internal departments. Visitor Center Ambassadors are the face of Green Mountain Coffee and representatives of the Waterbury community.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
- Be a strong member of the Hospitality Team and deliver a world class experience in keeping with the brand and its personality, especially the coffee and community aspect.
- Create "The Ultimate Guest Experience" for the customer. Utilizes customer service techniques including active and reflective listening, paraphrasing, repeating customers’ statements, empathizing, and checking for understanding. Uses professional language with the ability to remain calm and courteous when handling difficult situations on the phone or in person.
- Brew coffee and make specialty drinks to exacting standards. Maintain and clean all coffee related equipment, including airpots, grinders, espresso machine, condiment area, plus front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house areas.
- Answer all coffee related, GMCR, train station and community questions as required.
- Answer the café phone and provide product information as well as directions to visitors.
- Ring up customers using POS system and follow all company procedures while handling money, including performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, and balancing cash drawers.
- Ability to act as a visitor center host and guide tours through the coffee museum as well as impart knowledge about Green Mountain Coffee, Waterbury, and the state of Vermont.
- Ability to make on the spot judgment calls to ensure a world class experience to our customers
- Develop a knowledge of all processes and procedures performed by the Visitor Center and Factory Outlet Team
- Acquires and maintains an in depth knowledge of all GMCR products, programs and services.
- Ability to easily navigate to and gather information from the internet, the company intranet, and greenmountaincoffee.com
- Collaborate with other teams to meet or exceed shared goals
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the department.
- Willingness to take on new challenges and learn assigned tasks readily
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment in a positive manner with attention to detail.
- Must be receptive to a trainer. Successfully cross-train as requested to develop and broaden skill set to support team and company-wide initiatives.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Possess advanced customer service skills; previous retail and/or customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and complaint resolution skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Internet Explorer)
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and special visitor center events
- Ability to speak French fluently is a plus.
- Ability to uphold Safety standards, participates in Continuous Process Improvement on the job, and follow our Manufacturing best practices.
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions.
- Serve Safe certification a plus
- Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures as well as our Operating principles.
An offer of employment for this position will be contingent upon the individual successfully completing a pre-employment medical exam, as provided by a GMCR selected physician. This individual will also be required to authorize GMCR to run a Criminal Background Check. The examination and criminal background check must be completed prior to the first day of employment. GMCR reserves the right to determine the suitability of an applicant for a position based on an evaluation of all available information, including but not limited to past work performance, applications, background check, resumes and references.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds on a regular basis and 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to constantly lift, bend, stretch and stand during entire shift
- Ability to frequently kneel, squat, bend, and stoop, twist, and reach overhead with repetitive motions
- Repetitive motion is involved
GMCR is an E-Verify employer and EOE.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters - 21 months ago
We believe in using the power of business to make the world a better place. Each step on the long road from tree to cup gives us an...