The Linux System Administrator will report to the Senior Manager Enterprise Systems as part of the Infrastructure & IT Operations organization.
The Linux System Administrator is an excellent opportunity for career-minded and goal-oriented individuals to provide exceptional managed IT services to our clients. The system administrator will have primary responsibilities in managing and delivering hosting services for open-source platform technologies including the LAMP stack (Linux, Appache, MySQL, PHP). The position will ensure that the corporation’s RedHat Linux environment and hosted applications on the platform are maintained according to industry best practices, are highly available, are secure, and are performing to service level expectations .
Daily activities and responsibilities include:
· Provision and maintain Linux servers in multi-tiered, and highly available configurations
· Patch and maintain operating system and open source applications
· Automate batch and maintenance processes
· Ensure successful backups and recoverability of platforms
· Define and maintain security procedures and policies
· Leverage virtualization technologies for rapid deployment and efficient capacity/utilization management
· Performance tuning of operating systems and applications
· Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
· 3-5 years experience with Redhat Linux administration in a large environment including provisiong, configuration/deployment, patching and troubleshooting of Linux servers
· Experience administering the LAMP stack and other open-source applications including PHP, Apache, MySQL, Drupal, Alfresco and\or PostgreSQL.
· Knowledge of shell scripting, network protocols, and virtualization technologies
· Experience with Redhat Satellite server and clustering is preferred
· Experience administering Windows servers is preferred
· Experience with monitoring technologies, particularly Nagios, is preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication; Must be able to thoroughly document implementations, modifications and removals
· Must be willing to work some weekend shifts in support of maintenance and participate in on-call rotation duties
· Must have operations experience in 24x7x365 environments
· Active or nearly completed training in RHCT, RHCE, MCSE, CCNA, or similar IT certifications preferred
Rasmussen is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Rasmussen, Inc. - 17 months ago
Rasmussen College is a regionally accredited private college specializing in high-demand educational programs in a supportive,...