The Configuration Specialist is responsible for the successful configuration and support of Milgard’s customer product catalog and ordering software applications. In order to ensure success, the Specialist will work directly with the Customer Systems Project Manager, business specialists, Application Developers, and other cross-functional team members in support of release activities and priorities.
The Configuration Specialist proactively communicates and collaborates with subject matter experts and the development team while working with the Customer Systems Project Manager to establish the technical vision for application releases and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs. Once the technical vision has been established, the Configuration Specialist develops specifications according to standard templates, creates accurate and complete test scripts, performs system configuration modifications, unit tests modifications and supports regression test efforts.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
- Provide configuration, enhancement and sustaining support of Milgard’s customer product catalog and ordering software applications
- Analyze sales, marketing, and customer needs, determine possible solutions and perform configuration changes to accommodate changes
- Prototype activities and prepare functional specifications for enhancements and changes
- Define test conditions and develop test plans to ensure requirements are met
- Assist in the installation of application releases
- Provide level 2 support for application releases
- Perform problem diagnostics and resolution and document related changes.
- Follow through with commitments and assume additional responsibilities without being asked.
- Learn new functionality and new technologies being released. Understand how to support both installing and live customers facing new releases.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISON:
Self-motivated with the ability to learn quickly
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to complete tasks within a demanding work environment
- Ability to follow established quality standards, checkpoints, and communications processes to ensure release quality
- Ability to work on multiple products and projects at once in an agile environment.
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on customer systems and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes.
- Demonstrates thorough working knowledge of the system development life cycle
- Excellent communication skills, (verbal & written), organizational and interpersonal skills
- A minimum of 2 years experience configuring customer facing applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related technical field
- Window/Door Industry knowledge or experience in an ATO manufacturing environment preferred
- Configuration experience with Edgenet’s m2o product or WTS Paradigm preferred
- Read, write and understand the English language.
- Requires extensive analytical skills to asses problems or unusual situations and develop solutions.
- Ability to read blueprints or schematics.
- Ability to perform typical advanced server and network administration.
- Must demonstrate knowledge in user administration.
- Sense of urgency and self-motivation; ability to work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, track and organize own work load.
- Able to collaborate with others on strategic elements.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Eyesight and dexterity of hands and fingers sufficient to operate a computer.
- Overtime may be required, including some weekends.
- P osition is located in Tacoma, WA
- Must be able to travel 5 - 10% to customer locations, as needed.
- Worked performed primarily indoors and in production type facility.