Janrain, the leader in user management solutions for the social web, has an immediate opening for a operations/system engineer. If you want to work in a fast paced environment focused on leading edge technology then this could be the opportunity for you. The right candidate will have experience developing and maintaining platforms for web based applications.
This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a dynamic and promising early stage growth company with products and services that enable websites to gain significant benefits by enhancing their user engagement and measurement. The flagship product, Janrain Engage, allows organizations to register and login site visitors with their existing credentials from Facebook, Google, Yahoo!, Twitter, MySpace, AOL, Hotmail, Windows Live ID or other accounts. Through this process, the site is able to import rich user profile data and address books, as well as encourage the user to share their on-site activities with their social networks to drive additional traffic. Additional Janrain products and services provide customers with a complete user management solution, from registration to sharing, from custom ID solutions to user profile database solutions.
Janrain is a funded growing company, with great potential and plenty of opportunities. If you like a startup environment and culture and are not afraid of a little hard work this could be your dream job. Everyone contributes and every contribution makes a difference.
- Provide general systems support, including application deployment, configuration management programming, administrative scripting.
- Provide fill in support to the 24/7 on call operations response team as needed.
- Work in a team environment to contribute towards the goal of developing and maintaining Janrain's SaaS offering.
- Debian based Linux systems administration experience
- Operational experience with web hosting environments
- Familiarity with a common Linux scripting language (bash, ruby, perl, python).
- Familiarity with REST web services in a programming context
- Working knowledge of Ruby and Puppet is a huge plus.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services is a huge plus.
- Janrain offers a generous benefit package, which includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation, life insurance and disability plans.
- We offer an exceptional working environment where foosball challenges and play are an everyday occurrence.
- A casual environment coupled with a clear mission makes for a rewarding place to work.
Janrain - 2 years ago