This position is responsible for processing a variety of customer transactions as well as cross-selling various products and services to customers. Tellers are responsible for efficiently processing a variety of customer transactions while providing the highest level of service and identifying bank products and services that would be beneficial to potential and existing customers. Tellers must be proactive, friendly and courteous and should continually seek out opportunities to impress those they service.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greeting customers and facilitating a welcoming and customer-
paced environment while maintaining a balanced cash drawer and
- Processing customer transactions efficiently and accurately in a fast-
adhering to internal controls and procedures.
customers by cross-selling bank products and services that would
- Generating new business and expanding relationships with current
benefit each individual.
offering exceptional service.
- Building customer loyalty by developing relationships and always
identifying positive solutions.
- Responding to customer inquiries and concerns by researching and
training (paid) and must successfully pass our Teller Certification test
- This position is required to participate in both informal and formal
to be allowed to operate a Teller drawer. Formal training consists of a
full week of training/ testing which is conducted within your first 3
weeks of employment and is scheduled Monday – Friday from 8a.m. –
5p.m. Slight exceptions to this schedule may be approved for part-time
Tellers who have conflicts with this schedule.
is not intended to be all-inclusive and is subject to change, as needed,
- This list includes the current primary responsibilities of this position. It
for the purpose of operational efficiency.
environment and/or previous banking experience.
- Minimum of 6 months of cash handling experience in a retail sales
with exceptional influencing skills.
- Excellent client-service skills, including oral and written communication
toward achieving both personal and group goals.
- Ability to effectively contribute to a positive team environment and work
closely to bank procedures and regulations.
- Careful attention to detail and strong organization skills. Must adhere
demonstrate confidence in dealing with his/her peers.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with customers;
- Strong work ethic and high integrity
- Strong computer and 10 key skills.
- Outgoing, assertive, confident, and enthusiastic personality
- Knowledge of banking products and procedures
- Successful sales record in a retail sales or banking environment
- Demonstrated service skills and assertiveness
- Proficiency with all Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel etc.)
This position may require long periods of standing or sitting and may include long periods of typing and repetitive motion. Candidates must possess the ability to lift and carry cash drawers, coin bags, and boxes sometimes weighing as much as 25 pounds.
MidFirst Bank occupies a rare position within the banking industry. We are one of the largest privately owned banks in the United States and...