This position is responsible for performing various maintenance duties to maintain the building and equipment in a safe and operable condition including the installation, servicing, repairs and rebuilding of various types of laundry equipment for the processing of hospital linen.
1. Performs preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
2. Applies mechanical knowledge to troubleshoot mechanical / electrical problems on all laundry or facility equipment.
3. Operates equipment to manufacturer’s specifications and in compliance with safety and operational standards.
4. Maintains and repair all plant plumbing systems.
5. Maintains and repair building and grounds as needed.
6. Completes record keeping and inspection documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
The incumbent will work with and be expected to be familiar with a variety of maintenance tools, equipment, supplies, and devices including hand and power shop tools, computers, welding, painting, pumps, electrical, heating and air conditioning units.
The incumbent will need to be familiar with controls, (electronic controlled equipment, AC-DC motors, power service, switch gear, transformers, computer controls, HMI devices); alarm systems; wire conduit and switch installation; electric motor repairs and maintenance; AC controls, PLC, and VFD devices. The incumbent will also perform troubleshooting of above equipment and devices.
Entry Rate: $ 16.97
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: Monday - Friday 5:00 am - 1:30 pm - or - 1:00 pm - 9:30 pm, some Saturdays will be required
Additional Details: This position is located in Woods Cross, Utah at our Central Laundry Facility
- Two years trade school with a focus on electrical or mechanical systems.
- Four years of professional work experience as a maintenance mechanic.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of mechanic's tools.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand blueprints written in English, and have knowledge in heating, air conditioning, pumps and welding.
- Lifting, sitting, seeing, standing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, climbing, walking and manual dexterity.
- Bachelors degree in engineering or other related field.
- Experience in production line maintenance.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications.
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...