Job Description: Conducts or participates in multidisciplinary research in the design, development, testing and utilization of information processing hardware and/or electrical components, mechanisms, materials, and/or circuitry, processes, packaging, and cabinetry for central processing units (CPUs) and/or peripheral equipment. Prepares specifications, evaluates vendors, and analyzes test reports. Ensures products conform to standards and specifications. Develops plans and cost estimates and assesses projects to analyze risk. Develops procedures, analysis and design for computer components, products, and systems. Initiates, guides, and coordinates overall design and development of new ideas and products. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgement.
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering with background in high speed board and system level design.
- Understanding of electrical, software, and mechanical engineering principles involved in system design.
- Hands-on exposure to assembly, debug, and test of electrical subsystems and familiarity with both thermal and mechanical systems.
- Familiarity with product environmental requirements and methods, including thermals, acoustics, power management, ESD, EMI, and others.
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal essential for success.
- A basic understanding of Windows, low level SW and driver interactions/interdependencies.
- Solid skills using high speed oscilloscopes, electrical compliance software, test fixtures, etc., in a hardware lab environment
- Relevant experience including knowledge of modern PC architecture and usage models including processors, Basic Input Output System (BIOS), and common system busses including PCI-e, DDR3, Serial ATA (SATA2/3), Universal Serial Bus (USB2/3), HDMI and others.
Jan 31, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
Intel - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...