Tractor Supply Company (TSCO) is the largest operator of retail farm and ranch stores in the United States. We presently have more than 1,100 TSC stores in 45 states and an e-commerce website at TractorSupply.com. We are a growth company and research indicates we have an opportunity to grow to 2,100 domestic Tractor Supply store locations. It is very exciting to be a part of this $4 billion organization.
Information Systems Professionals who thrive on challenge and who earn their teammates' respect are discovering exciting new careers at Tractor Supply Company. Not only do we offer a bright future with a stable and growing $4+ billion company, Tractor Supply offers the opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic team that is growing professionally. With brand new offices for IT in Brentwood (Nashville) Tennessee, and new projects underway and planned, this is the time to check out Tractor Supply. As the largest operator of retail farm and ranch stores in the United States, we are dedicated to values that support the needs of those who live the life "out here".
Tractor Supply Company offers a very attractive compensation and benefits package including medical (day-1), dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, STD, DD insurances, matched 401(k), discounted stock purchase opportunity, holiday pay, vacation, personal and sick days and more.
This position is the team lead for the Store Technology System Administration team (Suse Linux). You will be responsible for providing team guidance and direction in order to ensure a stable, flexible, and scalable enterprise class computing infrastructure by recommending technology platform selections, and establishing and enforcing best practice policies and procedures.
- Recommends, designs and integrates systems to provide a stable and cost-effective platform for Information Technology services. Acts as Subject Matter Expert for area of responsibility. Liaison to other teams within the department for expert advice in the area of servers, high availability, security, virtualization and operating systems technology
- Supervises and develops team
- Creates and ensures consistent application of policies, standards and procedures for servers, operating systems and other hardware/software support within the Lead's system administrator area
- Provides senior support to technical Information Technology teams and leads advanced troubleshooting efforts. Performs root cause analysis, problem isolation and resolution. Ensures appropriate tracking of issues is recorded for team
- Manages technical relationship with vendors
- Leads small to large size projects
- Supervises and participates in 24X7 on-call rotation
- Develops, improves and oversees processes and tools required to execute regular operational activities and life-cycle management of systems
- Oversees, creates and maintains documentation related to area of responsibilities
- May performs other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field; 8 years of work in systems administration of operating system areas of responsibility (Unix, Windows, store technology) in an enterprise environment; any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Demonstrate strong, problem solving, communication, organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Deep Technical Knowledge of area of responsibility:
- Windows Team:
- Windows administration in an Enterprise environment, Active Directory, Exchange 2010, VMware clusters (vSphere 4 or 5), Windows 2008
- ITIL, PMP and/or Microsoft Certification preferred: MCSE, MCSA, MCITP
- Systems Management, Backup and Monitoring software, SharePoint
- Server Hardware including IBM BladeCenters or Cisco UCS
- UNIX team:
- Unix (either Redhat or AIX required, both prefered)
- Extensive understanding of Virtualization and Cloud concepts including but not limited to VIO, NPIV, Partition Mobility, Infrastructure As A Service, Platform As A Service
- Systems Management and Monitoring Tools such as Nagios, RedHat Satellite Server, and/or NIM
- Scripting: Bash/KSH (required), Perl/Python/etc (prefered)
- Clustering Technologies such as PowerHA (HACMP) and RedHat Clustering
- Store Team
- Strong LINUX administration skills (SUSE and or Red Hat)
- Advanced experience with software deployment tools such as BMC Blade Logic
- Experience supporting Motorola RF guns or like devices
- Scripting: Bash/KSH (required), Perl/Python/etc (preferred)
- Windows AD experience
- Ability to manage projects utilizing industry tools. Able to set measureable objectives and set priorities
- Identify underlying root causes and weighing risks of various approaches
- Ability to analyze complex issues involving systems and products as required
- Knowledge of change management practices, Configuration management, PCI and SOX requirements as applicable to area of responsibility
- Ability to work independently, positively handle conflict, and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to supervise others and develop team
- Ability to listen effectively
- Display detail-oriented approach to work
- Ability and proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office products
- Physical, mental, and sensory abilities to use a telephone, calculator, computer video terminals, keyboards, and software applications
- Ability to work overtime and weekends occasionally
- Normal office conditions.
- Minimal travel (
Tractor Supply Company - 22 months ago
At Tractor Supply Company we’re much more than tractors. We’re a team of passionate individuals dedicated to the rural...