- Senior level database administration position involving management of multiple Oracle databases in a highly dynamic environment.
- Provide advanced technical expertise to a team in support of operational and project activities related to our client's business systems.
- Provide advanced technical and operational support to other departments and teams in support of our client's business objectives.
- Understand and apply advanced database administration, management and performance tuning techniques.
- Provide technical advice and expertise to less senior staff members.
- Provide 24x7 on call support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members.
- Provide advanced technical troubleshooting for applications and database systems with emphasis on root cause analysis.
- Participate in design and application review sessions, assist with definition of computing standards and recommend policies related to those standards.
- Configure and tune hardware and software to insure optimum performance and resource utilization.
- Understand server clustering techniques and the impact on database configuration and performance.
- Manage standby databases, snapshots and other advanced database features.
- Manage Real Application Clusters (RAC).
- Previous experience in an HP-UX or Sun Solaris Oracle environment.
- High degree of skill with database commands and utilities such as exp, imp, SQL Loader and etc.
- Advanced knowledge of database administration tasks such as hot and cold backups, database recovery, tablespace additions, security and etc.
- Advanced installation and configuration experience. Strong knowledge of SQL*Net.
- Ability to write, debug and tune SQL and PL/SQL, packages, procedures, functions, triggers and etc.
- Experience with database monitoring and tuning tools such as EM, Dbtuner and Spotlight.
- Solid experience with the Unix operating system and command set as well as competence with shell scripting.
- Thorough knowledge of physical and logical disk systems and their impact on database performance.
- Experience with server and database clustering techniques and the performance impacts thereof.
- 6-8 years in an HP-UX or Sun Solaris environment,
- 6-8 years as a database administrator working with Oracle
- Experience in a large, 24x7 environment
- Experience with multi-terabyte databases
- A four year degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with telephony billing systems and related applications a big plus
No, CIBER's consultants aren't cyborgs. CIBER (Consultants in Business, Engineering, and Research) is an IT consultancy that...