Sallie Mae (NASDAQ: SLM) is the nation's No. 1 financial services company specializing in education. Whether college is a long way off or just around the corner, Sallie Mae helps turn education dreams into reality for 25 million customers. With products and services that include college savings programs, scholarship search tools, education loans, insurance, and online banking, Sallie Mae offers solutions that help families save, plan, and pay for college. Sallie Mae also provides financial services to hundreds of college campuses as well as to federal and state governments.
The Sales Support Coordinator will provide sales and administrative support for the sales and new business development function within Sallie Mae Campus Solutions. The responsibilities include sales support such as project work, travel, schedule management, RFP support, website review and some vendor interaction. Other responsibilities include analytics and reporting and meeting management. The coordinator will also be responsible for performing inside sales functions such as scheduling meetings with current and prospective customers and managing contacts .
1. Sales Support
a. Provide sales reporting support for sales leadership
b. Manage assigned projects, developing agendas, setting meeting schedules
c. Uploading approved files to SharePoint and SFR tools
- Register executives for conference attendance
- Support RFP prep work and schedule cross-functional calls and review national and state RFP websites to identify sales opportunities
- Gather and share sales best practices as benchmarks and sources for continuous improvement
- Coordinate printing and distribution of sales decks
- Be point person for the business on Standard Register and Order Depot systems
2. Siebel analytics and meeting prep
Lead generation report creation for distribution to Region Heads and Campus Solutions management
3. Inside Sales
- Campaign assessment for conversions- Siebel status reporting
- Weekly coordination of news bits for inclusions in sales communications internally
- Sales Team to do list- activities metrics for sales dashboard and outstanding tasks reminders
- Assist with regional higher ed meetings and annual sales meeting prep
- Weekly team agendas and scheduling
Track leads generated through the sales mailbox
- Update school contacts based on returned prospect emails
- Schedule sales appointments and follow up meetings with key customers and prospective customers.
Bachelor's Degree or Associate's Degree
Minimum of two year's experience in sales/marketing/administrative position.
Prior financial service, client service, or customer service experience. Experience in supporting a diverse sales team a plus.
Ability to organize materials, create and add value to presentations;
Must have exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and good working knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.);
Ability to interact effectively with business leaders;
Strong organizational skills personally and the ability to keep others organized;
Solid proofreading skills;
High level of competency with personal computers and internal systems; and
Ability to work independently and with supervisors and team members who are based in different locations.
Sallie Mae is a federal government contractor. Should this position support a government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions.
Navient - 19 months ago
Sallie Mae, founded 28 years ago, provides funds for educational loans, primarily federally guaranteed student loans originated under the...