Certified Nurses Assistant (CNA) - 1300010U |
Primary Location United States-IN-INIndianapolis
Founded in 1977, NeuroRestorative was the first dedicated after-hospital rehabilitation program in the country for persons with acquired brain injuries and has continued as a leader in the filed for more than thirty years.
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support NeuroRestorative emotional, behavioral or medical complexities; adults with brain injury. As a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) with NeuroRestorative you’ll be one of those special people.
For NeuroRestorative and The MENTOR Network, CNAs are critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
NeuroRestorative is seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) to perform hands-on nursing care with emphasis on daily care needs, personal hygiene, and behavior under supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors the health and medical condition of individuals served, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Administers proper medications according to physician’s orders and established guidelines. Provides documentation for all medications given.
- Provides training, assistance and/or supervision to individuals in the areas of daily living, personal care, financial management, community and social integration.
- Performs, coordinates and/or assists with household activities such as housekeeping and meal preparation.
- Provides transportation for individuals receiving services to planned and/or necessary activities and appointments.
- Maintains current progress notes and any other appropriate documentation in accordance with MENTOR policy, program standards or other regulatory requirements.
- Actively attends and participates in multi-disciplinary team meetings as required.
- Attends trainings and other meetings as required.
- Provides emergency coverage and/or care for individuals receiving services.
- Maintains confidentiality, respects human rights and practices universal precautions in accordance with MENTOR policy.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
- High school diploma or GED and one year experience as a Certified Nurse Assistant, preferably with developmentally disabled individuals in a hospital, residential, clinical and/or long-term care setting
- Current Certified Nurse Assistant
- CPR/First Aid certifications
- Ability to pass background checks
- Ability to pass drug screen and physical
The MENTOR Network - 18 months ago
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services to adults and children...