Systems Security Engineer
Position consists of designing/implementing security and technology best practices to increase the overall security posture of Magellan. This includes researching newer technologies, analyzing current topologies, working with our IT customers and making recommendations for enhancements. In addition, this position works closely with Magellan Applications, Audit and Security teams for forensic e-discovery and auditing compliance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas and respond to security incidents in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
- Manage and Maintain IT Security Policy. Provide recommendations to keep it current.
- Report deficiencies/incidents. Recommend and track remediation of deficiencies.
- Establish and maintain Security Awareness program.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls and/or emails regarding security related issues. Provide training and support to end users and staff on issues as needed pertaining to security.
- Create, install and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- Support the development and implementation of infrastructure and new technology projects ranging from remote access, domain migration, task automation, systems monitoring, server virtualizations, application development and secure wireless connectivity pertaining to Security.
- Stay current with new Security technologies, products and announcements across all platforms. Present information on these technologies to Manager, applications and admin teams.
- Mentor and train Application teams and System Administrators.
An equivalent combination of experience and education is acceptable.
Lifting - 50lbs.
Alternative work hours (Between 5:00p.m– 8:00a.m.)
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field or equivalent experience.
CISSP is desired.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills. Strong written and oral Communication skills. Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language. Analytical and problem- solving abilities. Self motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment. Must be a self-starter, customer-oriented, team player with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience with Infrastructure and Applications Security.
- Strong Windows and IBM iSeries/AIX/Linux/Unix security management experience.
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with MKS Implementer or other change management software is a plus.
MO-Maryland Heights MO-13500 Riverport Dr
13500 Riverport Dr (MO45)
13500 Riverport Dr
Magellan Health Services is a leading specialty health care management organization with expertise in managing behavioral health, radiology and specialty pharmaceuticals, as well as public sector pharmacy benefits programs. We deliver innovative solutions to make a positive impact on the cost and quality of health care, keeping the best interests of the people we serve at the center of our decision-making. The breadth of our offerings, depth of expertise, clinical excellence and smart, talented employees is what makes us unique.
Magellan is the employer of choice for hard working people interested in making a difference in the health care industry and in the communities where we work and live. Our strong culture of caring is the common thread in both our business strategy and our work environment where we value professional growth and development, total health and wellness, rewards and recognition and employee unity. Magellan is a place where you can thrive.
Magellan Health Services - 21 months ago
Magellan Health Services has charted its course to become one of the largest managed behavioral health care companies in the nation. The...